Through the Integrated Living Services program, funded by PDD, we match adults living with developmental disabilities with individuals and families in the Calgary community.
Are you an active couple looking to open your home to an individual with a developmental disability right away? If yes, do you match the following criteria?
- No pets, children or another PDD Client living in the house
- Have an available private bedroom
- Located near a Calgary Public Transportation stop
- Experience supporting individuals with behaviours of concern
- Knowledge of Positive Behaviour Supports, or similar behavioural programs
- A passion for Mental health (experience and education)
- Ability to maintain consistent boundaries with others
- Motivated to do quiet, social activities, such as play board games
- Interest in supporting someone with home living skills such as meal preparation, chores and personal hygiene
- Confident in setting clear boundaries
- Has current or will enroll in mandatory training which include: Standard First Aid CPR/AED Level C, NVCI, Medication Administration
- Able to foster healthy relationships and boundaries
- Ready to include an individual with a developmental disability into their home and family, and abide by the DDRC’s standards of care
- Computer Literacy and competence with Outlook and other Microsoft Software
- Professional / articulate communication –verbal, written, listening , two-way feedback
Please submit your resume and cover letter to the identified email address citing "DDRC-19-24W-ILS-ILP" in the subject line.
DDRC is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.
Job Type: Full-time