At Murphy Hospitality Group we pride ourselves on an exceptionally high standard of quality service and products. It takes the best people to reach this higher standard of excellence. We believe in extensive training and providing our people with an excellent benefits program, competitive wages, advancement, and professional development opportunities. At MHG it’s all about the people!
At The Barrington Steakhouse our team believes in a philosophy that to provide the Barrington experience, it takes a relentless commitment to great steaks, fresh seafood and maritime hospitality coming together to create the ultimate dining experience. In the walls of our restaurant, are talented, dedicated industry professionals, who are committed to their products, guests, and the experience they deliver. They bring passion to the restaurant each day.
The Opportunity – Assistant General Manager
The Barrington Steakhouse management team is currently seeking a confident and goal-orientated individual to join their team as Assistant General Manager. The Assistant General Manager will work under the direction of the General Manager and with the front of house management team taking an active role in all aspects of restaurant operations. Including, staffing, scheduling, cost controls, staff training, and administration. The Assistant General Manager will be responsible for overseeing team members and taking an active role during daily service, consistently providing quality service to our guests.
- Applicants will possess a minimum 2 year’s experience working in a full-service high volume restaurant.
- Post-secondary diploma/degree
- Previous experience in front of house restaurant management is considered a strong asset.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, juggling different priorities.
- Strong organizational skills
- Applicants must possess a passion for creating memorable guest experiences
- Must possess a goal-oriented individual with a desire for personal and professional development within the hospitality industry
- Demonstrate and communicate The Barrington vision and culture to all team members and lead by example
- Ensuring team members provide a memorable guest experience through coaching and fostering a positive working culture by reinforcing the MHG values daily, exciting team members with their positive nature
- Work with the General Manager and management team to meet all projected goals when it comes to restaurant operations and the vision of MHG including marketing, human resources, financials, and cost controls.
- Encourage a culture that revolves around memorable guest experiences, craft beer, and quality food
- Train and develop team members in various positions within the front of the house.
- Guest and team member management through conflict resolution and problem-solving
- Work for maximum efficiency and continual improvement of staff productivity
- Perform all front of house duties as needed, including hosting, bartending serving and expediting.
- Build and maintain authentic relationships with guests and team members
- Competitive industry wages
- Group benefits program including - health & dental coverage
- Murphy Hospitality Group discounts and benefits
- Growth and professional development opportunities
- MHG Fitness & Wellness Opportunities
Check out our website for current opportunities mhgpei.com #MHGGrowWithUs
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- serving: 2 years (Required)
- restaurant management: 1 year (Required)