Canada's Challenger Bank™
If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $31 billion in assets under management. In 2016, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 750 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Customer Success and Growth Manager – Reverse Mortgages (BC)
Single Family Residential, Reverse Mortgages
Vice President, Prime and Reverse Mortgage Lending
Purpose of Job:
The Customer Success and Growth Manage is responsible for developing and operationalizing Equitable Bank’s in-market expansion plans for its Reverse Mortgage business. Since 2018, Equitable Bank has been on a mission to empower Canadians to retire on their own terms with the support of our “decumulation” products. The Equitable Bank Reverse Mortgage is an important part of this offering and we have big ambitions.
In partnership with the Vice President and other Equitable Bank Single Family (SFR) team members, the Customer Success and Growth Manager will define and implement a scalable plan for the rapid growth of reverse mortgages in British Columbia (BC).
In addition to sales strategy, responsibilities will include developing relationships with new and existing referral partners, providing training as well as engaging with borrowers requiring support in their origination activities. Sales targets will be set by management at the beginning of each business year, and the Senior Manager will oversee all sales activity to ensure that these goals are met.
In addition to sales strategy, provide education and market outreach support to new and existing referral partners. As needed, engage with borrowers requiring support in originating a mortgage with or without the guidance of a referral partner.
In this role, the Customer Success and Growth Manager must be highly knowledgeable about Equitable Bank’s product suite and the broader retirement financing market in order to generate prospective deals and partnerships. This position requires exercising independent judgment to perform the responsibilities described herein.
This position will be located in Greater Vancouver Area and requires travel to areas within British Columbia, as required.
There are four areas of accountabilities listed below which when performed well, will cumulatively lead to ultimate success in this position.
1. Relationship Management - 40%
The Customer Success and Growth Manager must be a highly organized individual who is self-directed to manage and report on the status of sales and market activity via referral support, direct client outreach and industry development events. Success in achieving objectives involves various steps as outlined below:
- As a Key member of the Equitable Bank Reverse Mortgage team, establish a high standard of care and behaviour with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and implement a business plan that optimizes the distribution of the reverse mortgage product in BC, such that there is a reliable and consistent pipeline of applications.
- Identify a clear list of which brokers are managed by SFR RBMs so as to optimize resources and limit overlap.
- Ensure appropriate support and content is available for new referral partners.
- Alongside Senior Management, opine on sales objectives and the allocation of sales quotas to the various parties accountable.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret sales records to obtain useful and actionable information.
- Work in tandem with SFR sales team to identify high-potential mortgage brokers, financial advisors and other referral sources, quickly establishing Equitable Bank as a trusted partner.
- In credit escalation situations, support in the effective management with respective reverse mortgage Credit Manager.
- Provide active support to SFR BDMs with their key accounts in the form of product and service training.
2. Sales Activities and Achievements – 40%
The Customer Success and Growth Manager is expected to be out of the office at least four days a week to do proactive sales calls to generate new business and to visit existing referral sources with information about recent enhancements of products pertaining to reverse mortgages, changes to services, the delivery of prize items, the distribution of promotional or new print materials to gain valuable face to face time. To achieve visibility and to build a wider broker network, one must:
- Where applicable, provide consultant-like service to support brokers and advisors in their efforts to establish themselves as reverse mortgage experts. This may include, but is not limited to, providing product training, guidance on marketing, introductions to other industry experts, and business strategy support.
- In conjunction with the SFR RBMs, discuss every Friday with the respective Credit Managers the performance of the reverse mortgage pipeline to maximize production from key brokers as well as challenges and successes around service.
- Provide mid-level performance analysis of the region, upon request from the Vice President, as to increase the efficiency of the business development function and be prepared to discuss at National meetings.
- Participate in brokerage house, financial advisor, bank branch, or other events – sales presentations, lender appreciation programs, holiday and special occasion programs, which may occur outside of business hours.
- Obtain market and competitor intelligence and provide tactical feedback to REM credit and other management. Seek to increase collective knowledge on EQB’s capabilities relative to expectations and competitors.
- Expected to be available after business hours to attend events and/or service key brokers – events to be attended will be upon request by the Vice President, SFR BDM or could be voluntarily requested.
- Manage the budget in order to ensure Equitable Bank is branded at key Association events nationally.
- Manage follow-up communications on deals requiring assistance. Although this function is primarily performed by the underwriting team, the Customer Success and Growth Manager will assist, when asked by credit and/or the BDM during high volume times.
3. Presentation Skills – 10%
An integral element of sales is strong presentation skills which require clear messaging and product/credit knowledge. The Customer Success and Growth Manager must be prepared with:
- Ensuring the presentation is an approved presentation from the Vice President or other management. Ad Hoc Presentations without approval are not permitted.
- Acquiring the proper collateral materials and the most up to date promotions for distribution.
- Intimate knowledge of product promotions. Ensuring that they are working with the most recent sales presentation covering topics pertaining to reverse mortgages including Equitable policies on Anti Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing and pertinent compliance requirements.
4. Leadership – 10%
As a representative of the Bank, reflect its image of integrity, quality and knowledge in the industry. As an important interface with the broker, advisor or client, will work effectively with credit team to ensure superior service is being offered throughout the entire process. The Customer Success and Growth Manager may be expected to be:
- Take part in industry associations in order to establish an Equitable Bank as a trusted partner and provider of high quality financial products. As well, seek to collect valuable feedback to support in the advance of products, services and process.
- Drive performance by setting targets that align with corporate objectives and the strategic plan.
- Set and inforce company standards for operations and quality of service.
- Provide valuable timely feedback on team member performance.
- The RMS is expected to relay any service related issues to the Vice President or Reverse Mortgage credit team.
- Strong written and verbal skills
- At least 15 years of previous sales and or underwriting experience in the mortgage industry
- At least 5 years of people management experience in leading sales teams to achieve set targets
- Deep understanding of retirement planning and the needs of seniors
- Ability to work alone with minimal direction
- Highly organized individual who can multi-task
- Must possess a driver’s license which must be in good standing
- Completion of a post-secondary degree and a graduate degree in business preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal and presentation skills
- Proficient on Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Access and Power Point
- Proven book of business focused on mortgage brokers
- Previously demonstrated the ability to grow a business
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.