The Unregulated Care Provider (UCP) performs his/her duties under the direction of the Director of Care. The UCP supervises and delivers care according to the policies of the community and aligned but not limited to the Retirement Homes Act. The UCP may give medications as per the medication administration record, after receiving the appropriate training in medication administration, within the limits identified by the pharmacy.
- Provides direction and guidance to Residents in the provision of activities for daily living as per care plan
- Monitors Resident’s level of wellness and responds to medical emergencies
- Responsible for the safe and accurate administration of medications for Residents in stable condition, including the appropriate documentation
- Ensures the recording and safekeeping of all drugs, including controlled drugs and narcotics
- Observing and reporting changes in the Resident’s physical and emotional condition to the Registered associates as required
- Reorders drugs and maintains accurate records according to established policies and procedures
- Maintains effective communication with Residents, families and fellow associates
- Lives the Vision, Mission, Values and Service Standards of the Organization and promotes the Residents’ Bill of rights
- A graduate of an approved Personal Support Worker (PSW) course or a nursing student from an approved college/university or a graduated registered practical nurse or registered nurse
- Current training certificate in medication administration
- Experienced in working with seniors in a Retirement Home setting
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Current CPR & First Aid Certificate
- Knowledge and understanding of the Retirement Homes Act and other applicable legislation
- Familiar with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Must be able to deal effectively with prolonged, concentrated times of administrative office duties in relation to reports and documentation; must be able to deal effectively with problem solving situations, and make judgment decisions
- Lifting alone, maximum 40 lbs. (5-29 lbs. usual), as an essential job function.
- Lifting with assistance, maximum 150 lbs. (100 - 125 lbs. usual) as a non-essential job function.
- Pushing/pulling, maximum 160 lbs., (100 – 125 lbs. usual) as a non-essential activity
- Walking, with some upstairs walking, as an essential job function
- Standing for lengths of time up to 3 hours maximum at one time, as an essential job function
Alavida Lifestyles is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices. Alavida Lifestyles will provide accommodation to people with disabilities upon request throughout our recruitment process.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual