Holloway Lodging Corporation,an equal opportunity employer, is one of Canada’s largest lodging companies and our goal is to be one of North America's top-performing lodging companies. Holloway hotels operate under internationally recognized brands such as Travelodge®, Super 8®, Holiday Inn®, DoubleTree by Hilton®, Best Western®, Days Inn® Quality Inn and Suites ®. For more information on Holloway please visit our website at www.hlcorp.ca
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Worker is responsible for performing general maintenance work to ensure hotel maintenance quality standards are achieved and maintained and ensure the smooth and profitable running of the property at our Best Western hotel located in Grande Prairie, AB.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
1. Assist with preventative maintenance and complete report work orders such as replacing ceiling tiles, light bulbs, patching vinyl, etc., to maintain the hotel and keep the product quality standard.
2. Perform preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis
3. Assist in checking electrical systems such as air conditioning controls, television sets, lighting systems, and make minor repairs and/or replacement.
4. Assist in checking and making routine repairs and assist on major repairs of all hotel equipment including small appliances, kitchen equipment, laundry equipment, boilers, pool equipment, HVAC, hand and power tools and general plumbing systems and fixtures such as pipe lines, toilets and sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment.
5. Service the hotel's pool, including adjusting chemicals and cleaning filters; completing maintenance request forms and record logs.
6. Maintain the building exterior and "curb appeal" (e.g., snow removal, lawn care, painting, gardening).
7. Refurbish furniture and fixtures within guest rooms such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors windows and counters. Paint and finish furniture and fixtures if needed.
8. Respond in a courteous manner to all guest questions, complaints, and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
9. Exposure to extreme temperatures.
10. Operation of heavy machinery.
11. Clean and tidy the grounds of the property to maintain curb appeal as required by company policy.
12. Dispose of garbage in accordance with property policy.
13. Be competent in the checking, cleaning and recording of all duties related to the safe and hygienic upkeep of the pool observing safe working practices in relation to the use/storage of chemicals as required by company policy and health & safety regulations.
14. Carry out assigned duties as part of the Preventive Maintenance Schedule achieving standards required by property and company policy.
15. Carry out maintenance duties allocated on a daily basis in accordance with departmental requirements contributing to the smooth running of departments and achieving guest satisfaction.
16. Assist with the testing of fire alarms, emergency lighting etc. on a routine basis in line with property policy.
17. Liaise closely with the direct supervisor regarding completion of work to minimize on “down” rooms and contribute to the overall profitability of the property.
18. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
19. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
Thank you for your interest in Holloway Lodging Corporation. Only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 /hour