We are looking for a great team player who will be responsible for meeting the demand schedule by coordinating and planning the production activities and resources of our facility. The Production Planner will analyze sales and forecasted demand and work together with several departments including production, sales, operations, QA, and logistics to ensure products are manufactured according to plan and ready for on-time delivery.
- Collaborate with the account manager, operations and logistics teams to best determine customers’ demands and schedule production accordingly.
- Work together with the Shift Supervisors to determine optimal staffing levels to meet the production requirements, ensuring worker efficiency and production rates
- Maintain and keep the production schedule for the facility up to date
- Reconcile schedule attainment for daily, weekly, and monthly plans
- Perform data entry as required to record statistical information.
- Monitor, audit, and maintain performance to target
- Evaluate capacity and ensure it is aligned with the forecast. Identify constraints and make recommendations for improvement.
- Proactively identify risks to supply and resolve before customers are impacted
- Uncover the root cause of supply chain issues/variances and develop action plans to resolve issues
- Analyzing data from our ERP system and reporting to management on sales and production trends
Qualifications & Skills
- University degree or college diploma
- Minimum of 5 years experience in supply chain, logistics or production planning role
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong customer service orientation
- High attention to detail
- Able to multi-task and work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Highly analytical with quantitative and problem-solving aptitude
- Proven experience with performing forecasts, scheduling, flowcharts, and data analysis
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to use ERP
Job Type: Full-time
- supply chain, logistics or planning: 5 years (Required)
- ERP: 3 years (Preferred)