BENEFITS - At First Canadian we believe in our employees and their work/life balance. It is our pleasure to reward our team with the following:
- Earned Time-Off Program
- Newly renovated facility with ergonomic desks/chairs
- Matching RRSP
- On-site gym
- Educational assistance
- Employee discount program
- Staff appreciation lunches
Check out our company page for all the information on why we believe First Canadian is an employer of choice!
The Reinsurance Administration Assistant reports to the Controller of First Canadian Insurance Corporation. This position is located in Sherwood Park, Alberta and assists Shareholders of the reinsurance programs, their staff, Regional Managers, Senior Managers and the reinsurer as it relates to the Reinsurance programs administered through First Canadian Insurance Corporation and Millennium Insurance Corporation. This position is responsible for administration support on a wide range of matters from share subscriptions, accounting, finance, regulatory, legal, licensing, registration, reporting and risk management and other in-house administration as assigned.
Hours of Work: 8:00am – 5:00pm (Monday to Friday)
- Guide and direct potential participants through the process of becoming a Shareholder in the reinsurance programs, answer any questions and obtain all information required to subscribe for shares in the reinsurance programs.
- Correspond and support Shareholders and their staff to ensure their needs are met through the entire lifetime of their subscription in the reinsurance programs.
- Ensure deals struck with a prospective Shareholder are met.
- Confirm Shareholder requests are met at Board meetings.
- Assist with all administration requests from the management team and all other internal staff.
- Liaises with the Management team of the reinsurance entities supporting there administrative requests at various times throughout the year.
- Corresponds and supports reinsurance administrators and their staff to ensure their administration needs are met.
- 5-10 years as a Senior Administrator within a financial, legal or contract management environment.
- University/College diploma/certificate in Administration or Business, is preferred.
- Customer service experience dealing with influential clients and internal sales teams, is an asset.
- Previous customer interaction via telephone and/or email is highly preferable and is considered and asset.
- Advanced skill with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and able to navigate main frame menus.
- Exposure to risk management policies and procedures, is an asset.
- Fluent in English/French with ability to speak and write, is an asset.
Thank you for considering our organization.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Accommodations available upon request.
Job Type: Full-time
- customer service: 1 year (Required)
- Senior Administration: 5 years (Required)
- French/English (Required)