What makes DHL great? Our People! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Express Delivery and Logistics Company in the world.
DHL Express is committed to maintaining an environment that empowers every team member to make the greatest possible impact on our business. Our corporate culture is about personal commitment – to our business, to each other and to our global communities. DHL is dedicated to being a great place to work. In addition to competitive compensation packages, our employees enjoy a range of programs, services and benefits that bring the best to their professional and personal lives.
Start YOUR career with DHL today…
DHL Express has an opening for a Warehouse Associate at our Edmonton location. You will support the business by accurately and efficiently managing shipments and packages in order to serve our customers’ needs to the best of our ability. Join us and help us achieve our mission of having the best day every day.
In this Warehouse Associate position, you will be responsible to
- Unload and/or load containers, trailers, and vehicles safely, correctly and efficiently
- Move freight within the warehouse area as per agreed safety procedures
- Participate in the organization and clean-up of the warehouse area
- Participate in maintaining a safe and co-operative work environment
- Scan freight as required
- Other warehouse duties as assigned
What is in it for you?
- Comprehensive benefits package including both Dental and Medical
- Employee Discounts and Perks
- Paid Vacation
Here is what we need from you:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Ability to lift and carry parcels, up to and including 70lbs. per piece, throughout shift.
- Comfortable working at heights and standing for long periods of time.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and on time within tight time constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Note: The facility is not accessible via public transportation, applicants will need reliable transportation to and from the facility. This role includes variability in shift start/finish timings based on job location. Shift timings and scheduled days of work may change from time to time based on business requirements; therefore, flexibility in your schedule is a job requirement. Uniforms are supplied.
All applicants are required to pass interviews and a criminal background check in order to qualify for the position.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: From $19.89 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Have you worked at DHL before in the past?
- Do you have any family members currently working at DHL? If yes, please indicate name and location
- Are you currently working at an organization providing logistics/shipping services? If yes, will you continue to work at this current location if offered a job with DHL Express? Please indicate your current position and the company name.
- warehouse: 1 year (preferred)