Location: 4585 King St E, Kitchener, ON N2P 2G2
Position: Part time, must be available evenings and weekends
Due to our continued success since 1978, Goemans Appliances is growing and looking for a Warehouse Associate to join our Kitchener store.
The Warehouse Associate will be responsible for ensuring the accurate and seamless processing of incoming and outgoing shipments. The Warehouse Associate must load and unload shipments to the store Showroom with the capability of repetitive heavy lifting up to 100 pounds.
This position is also a hybrid of store front desk responsible for a wide variety of clerical office and customer service duties in support of the store day to day administration.
*MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK EVENING AND WEEKENDS*
- Prepare receiving dock to accept incoming products.
- Inspect product to ensure condition with acceptable bar-code assignment.
- Accept shipment of appliance(s) and move them accordingly in the showroom of the store
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- May lift cases of product and/or stock merchandise according to documented procedures.
- Assist with customer pick ups
- Ensure that shipments contain proper documentation and if there are multiple items per shipment, ensure item lists are complete and properly packaged and wrapped up.
- Ensure adequate supplies to perform warehouse duties are on hand.
- Responsible to maintain the warehouse organized and neat.
- Respond to telephone, e-mail, and in-person inquiries from clients, business partners, head office and other parties.
- Update price tags, floor plans and help with inventory cycle counts.
- Day to day clerical administration duties at store level, including coverage of front desk and customer service inquires, including creating cash & carry invoices, operating credit card machine, handling cash, light cleaning kitchen duties and stocking coffee supplies as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to perform repetitive heavy lifting up to 100 lbs.
- Excellent telephone manners
- Basic mathematical skills
- Working knowledge of safe lifting methods
- Able to use own initiative and work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Available to work weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Reliable, flexible with the ability to multi-task, proactive approach and positive attitude.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Lifting or moving up to 100 lbs
- Work is performed in a combination of environments.
Goemans Appliances is dedicated to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). During the hiring process if you require accommodation for disability, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Job Type: Part-time
- warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)