The role is accountable for Moneris’ national mid-market account revenue, including retention, growth, profitability and Relationship Management of the national account clients in their portfolio. This includes re-signing expired contracts for merchant services, selling value-added services and solutions, conducting regular account reviews and responding to RFP’s as assigned. For optimum success in this role, taking initiative, resourcefulness, building collaborative relationships, being authentic, flexible and adaptable are essential.
The role is based in Vancouver, with some travel required as part of the role
You will be accountable for:
Your experience includes:
- Ongoing relationship management for current client portfolio - including regular client meetings, account reviews, uncovering cross-sell and upsell opportunities, overall account management.
- Developing strong business relationships with the national account clients to ensure a strong, long-standing relationship and ensure that regular account reviews are done with all of the key stakeholders in the clients’ head office.
- Working with banking partner teams to identify mutual clients and develop strategies to sell value-added service to the clients. Conducting joint sales calls as required.
- Negotiating pricing, contract terms and conditions. Working collaboratively with Marketing and other internal stakeholders to ensure that pricing and terms reflect the achievement of corporate goals.
- Utilizing a consultative sales approach, proactively consulting with clients, ensuring achievement of individual financial goals and targets driven from organization goals and targets.
- Developing and maximizing revenue by continuously prospecting and presenting to new clients and closing new business.
- Staying current and educating clients on industry trends, competition, competitive issues and products, and the card services industry.
- Meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Degree in Business, Commerce, Marketing or a related field.
- 5 - 7 years of strategic sales, account management and business development experience, with a track record of strong sales results.
- 2 - 3 years of relationship management experience is required.
- Industry knowledge to understand payments market and various business and pricing models.
- Knowledge of sales reporting, tracking, and consultative selling process.
- Demonstrated track record of developing mid-tier level client relationships and presenting to C-suite executives.
- Strong client-service orientation, negotiation and communication skills, and networking abilities.
- Strong business acumen with analytical ability to assess the business and drive the organization forward.
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows/ MS Office Applications
- Travel is required for the role (approximately 40%).
- A valid drivers licence and access to a vehicle is required.
- A valid passport and availability to travel to the U.S. is required.