The Estimator assists in the tooling and production quote processes. This position reviews customer data to determine manufacturability of customer orders. Prepares and reviews preliminary strip layouts and contacts customers to discuss technical issues. Provides technical support to the Sales and Marketing Manager and Sales Coordinator. Ensures that high quality standards and efficiency are continuously maintained. Makes suggestions and recommendations to improve efficiency and wherever possible prevent problems before they arise. (This is NOT a construction quoting job).
- Prior to quoting reviews customer CAD data and/or GD&T to determine manufacturability of customer product.
- If Company is able tomanufacture per the customer’s requirements, the estimator assists in the tooling andproduction quoting processes.
- Obtain supplier quotes as required; including paint, coating, heat-treat, fasteners, etc.
- In conjunction with sales personnel, CAD Administrator, Estimating Coordinator and other Company personnel as needed, the estimator organizes the quote process.
- Generate blank layout and develop tooling process to meet customer supplied requirements.
- Provides technical support services to the Sales and Marketing Manager and Sales Coordinator.
- Provide packaging and freight estimates as required.
- The estimator is responsible for communicating the design and preliminary strip layout to the customer for approval.
- Prepare tooling cost breakdowns as required.
- Once job is awarded, the estimator is responsible for ensuring engineering is provided with all necessary information required for design.
- Ensure all back up supplier quotes and pertinent information conveyedto launch team.
- Involved with engineering concerning the preliminary analysis of the die design and build process.
- Communicates any technical issues regarding process feasibility and quoting process to Sales.
- Review quotes in detail to ensure accuracy andcompletion.
- Quality Policy / Knowledge of TS16949 procedures / APQO Knowledge
- Health & Safety Policy / Act, WHMIS GHS2015
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the Tool & Die environment is required.
- Working knowledge of Vero Visi software is an asset.
- Intermediate or advance level of Excel required (Quote Model built in Excel).
- Understanding progressive and mechanical transfer tooling is required.
- General manufacturing process knowledge an asset (spotwelding/migwelding, projwelding)
- Working knowledge of GD&T to assess feasibility.
- 2 or 3 year Engineering College Program
- Certification in Engineering design and drafting technology or in a related field through provincial associations of engineering/applied science technologists and technicians is preferred
REPORTS TO: Estimating Supervisor
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- Visi Software: 1 year (Preferred)
- GD&T: 1 year (Preferred)
- Estimating Die Builds: 2 years (Preferred)
- CAD: 2 years (Required)
- Engineering Design/Drafting (Preferred)