McNaught Cadillac Buick GMC
At AutoCanada we are passionate about our business, our customers and our talent! We are cultivating a culture of excellence and aspire to be best-in-class in the industry. We know that to be successful we need the best people. We aim to be the destination for top talent and are committed to hiring the best people to curate exceptional experiences for our customers. We strive to provide our employees with meaningful and challenging work, an engaging and collaborative environment, recognition for performance and opportunities for growth and advancement.
What We Offer
- Paid vacation
- Competitive wages
- Health and dental benefits
- Premier dealership setting
- A positive vibrant team environment
- An opportunity to be part of an exciting, growing business!
McNaught Cadillac Buick GMC is an AutoCanada dealership. We are looking for a Parts Advisor to join our growing team! We are looking for someone who is passionate about delivering exceptional customer service to our valued clients who choose to order parts and service their vehicles at our dealership. Your love of the automotive industry, dealing with the public in a professional manner, and your commitment to delivering the highest level of customer service will ensure your ultimate success.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Contribute to managing inventory and ordering parts.
- Establish rapport with customers in person and on the phone.
- Clarify customer needs that help to locate the needed parts or service and any related parts or service in which customers might be interested.
- Track inventory, reorder inventory, and special-order inventory as needed.
- Assist the Parts Manager in resolving discrepancies between the computer inventory and the parts available in the dealership.
- Obtain the information needed to place special orders and ensure that the correct parts are sent.
- Research the availability of certain parts, either within the dealership or from other sources as necessary. Must be able to search part numbers using the computer or standard catalogues.
- Understand seasonal requirements for parts and requirements for parts that arise because of recalls or specials in the Service Department.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in an automotive dealership and/or Parts Department.
- Completion of a related post-secondary program and or training courses is considered an asset.
- Experience with CDK and/or Reynolds and Reynolds is considered an asset.
- Experience with Tire Wizard and Accessible Accessories is an asset.
- Experience with Cadillac, Buick, GMC products is considered an asset.
- A detailed understanding of Parts and Service operations and inventory management.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- A person of high integrity who is trusted by others and consistently honours their commitments.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and resourceful.
- Excellent skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Highly skilled in standard office software (MS Office, SharePoint, etc.).
- Ability to meet physical demands such as heavy lifting, standing for long periods of time.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have a safe driving history.
We offer competitive total compensation, meaningful and challenging work, an engaging and collaborative environment, recognition for performance and opportunities for growth and advancement.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.autocan.ca. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. AutoCanada is committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture, as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
AutoCanada is a multi-location automotive dealership group operating in both Canada and the United States. Our model enables us to serve a diversified geographic customer base and enjoy benefits not available to single location dealerships. AutoCanada trades under the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ACQ. The multi-location dealership model enables AutoCanada to serve a diversified geographic customer base providing a range of services to customers including new and used vehicle sales, financing, leasing, automotive service and repair, collision repair, and parts sales. Founded in 2006, AutoCanada has expanded significantly and continues to grow. Today, customers are served by more than 4,200 employees comprised of automotive service technicians, sales experts, and support staff from offices across Canada.