A Brave New World beyond luxury retail. Leisure Center is a boundary- pushing physical platform in Yaletown Vancouver, offering a modern-day definition of leisure time, specifically focusing on the following areas: fashion, art, music, books, homeware, cosmetics, food and drink in a stylish space.
Inspired by Vancouver’s forward-thinking, innovative reputation – and the hardworking yet balance-seeking individuals who live here – Leisure Center combines luxury and leisure in a beautifully designed environment that strives to elevate the city’s cultural identity. Bringing together the best brands, artists, architects and luxury concepts, Leisure Center promotes the idea of what we should strive for in our leisure time if we redefine leisure time in our everyday life. Put simply, “life doesn’t begin and end with the objects we purchase.
We believe that real service is built on thoughtful, considered service and the building of human relationships that don’t end at the store front. Our uncompromising VIP pods encapsulates this approach. First and foremost, Leisure Center is about offering an experience: of how we might ideally spend our leisure time if we stepped away from digital distraction and into meaningful interactions.
Marketing Assistant Summary
The Marketing Assistant is part of an important team that creates and executes property-level communications to our customers. Under the leadership of the marketing specialist, this role promotes on-brand messaging to customers through traditional, digital, and social media channels all with the goal of enhancing the image of the store. This role helps build direct marketing plans, targeted campaigns, and activated channels to the end of driving consumer awareness and preference, increasing market share, and building broader portfolio and brand awareness.
Marketing and Advertising
- Executes annual marketing plan to budget, in consultation with the owner,
- Partners with Operations, E-commerce and Sales teams to execute promotions and campaigns to target in-house guests with promotions that drive incremental revenue to the store.
- Acts as the liaison between the marketing department and advertising agency on the tactical advertising campaigns' creative and media plans.
- Partners with property Revenue Management to verify correct offer loading, verifying advertisement targeting is correctly directed at relevant consumer groups
- Executes email marketing, and display advertising.
- Maintains frequent, active engagement with eCommerce team to verify alignment, pull-through, and 2-way communication about the status, performance evaluation, opportunities, and issues related to online programs and initiatives.
- Verifies all advertising for the store in digital channels is in alignment with brand voice.
Social Media Content Management
- Facilitates social media engagement and updating content in local digital channels (e.g., website,magazine ).
- Develops and executes promotions campaign in fashion, beauty, lifestyle, magazine and art through relevant digital and social media channels.
- Engages in proactive online reputation management by surfacing relevant comments (positive or negative) in social media channels and responds accordingly.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Business, or related major.
- 1-3 years’ experience in retail industry, preferably in a luxury boutique environment or related professional area, with special attention to creating, planning and executing special events and promotions.
- Strong computer knowledge including: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook..
- Friendly, professional, detail-oriented and outgoing demeanor.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time wisely while working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent administrative, organizational, communicative and written skills.
- Ability to organize, compose and communicate information to involved sponsors, and internal departments ensuring the success of all events and promotions.
- Proven ability to ensure promotions are carried out successfully and provide strong follow-up.
- Ability to work independently, with little or no supervision and solve problems as they arise.
- Knowledge of Cantonese/Mandarin is an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
- Marketing: 1 year (Required)