- Please note this is a part time position, generally for weekend and holidays. During the week, work may be required however we try to be flexible. We are hiring 2 part time housekeepers at this time.
Position Summary and Job Magnitude
The Housekeeping Services Representative interacts with students and guests frequently. It is imperative that they are friendly and patient and demonstrate a high degree of customer service in all situations. Housekeeping Service Representatives are responsible for cleaning student/guest rooms and maintaining cleanliness standards in all assigned cleaning areas.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Maintain an up to date and accurate list of supplies on hand
- Inform manager or supervisor when supplies are running low
- Cleaning of all common areas that may be assigned by floor or section, including: Common restrooms, Lobby, Common lounges, kitchens, and laundry rooms, Hallways, Furniture and fixtures, Stairwells, Windows, Elevator, Storage rooms
- Inspect rooms for damages and maintenance problems during cleaning and report any deficiencies appropriately.
- Ensure rooms are properly stocked with amenities
- Expected to clean 15 guest rooms per day
- Organize housekeeping cart prior to leaving at the end of the day
- Other duties as assigned
Health & Safety
- Works in compliance with the provisions of the OHSA, regulations and internal policies and procedures and reports any contraventions to their supervisor.
- Uses or wears the equipment, protective devices or clothing that Campus Living Centres requires.
- Reports to the appropriate supervisor(s) any hazards, missing or defective equipment or protective device which could endanger any person.
- Does not engaging in any prank, contest, feat of strength, unnecessary running or rough and boisterous conduct.
- Reports any risks or potential risks of violence or harassment encountered in the workplace immediately to supervisor.
- Knows, understands and implements safe work practices and procedures and employs established rules and procedures for handling materials, equipment and processes (eg. Reporting unlabelled containers, using proper lifting techniques, etc.)
- Requests that worn out or defective equipment be replaced, when appropriate.
- Uses equipment and materials only in the manner intended.
- Reports any injuries, incidents and unusual conditions immediately to supervisor.
- Inspects the work area and equipment daily and reports any hazards immediately to supervisor.
- Attends all required health and safety training programs (e.g. WHMIS, orientation), and applies knowledge to daily operating procedures at Campus Living Centres.
Performance will be primarily measured on the following factors:
- Inter-Personal Skills
- Customer Service
- Skill & Knowledge
- Quality of Desired Results
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Organizing & Planning
- Overall Performance
- Health & Safety Responsibilities
High School Diploma or greater
Must possess ability to perform physical tasks
Must possess superior positive attitude
Must possess the ability to work in a team environment
Must be able to take direction from supervisors
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is Campus Living Centres policy to promote equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Campus Living Centres does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status or sexual orientation. Campus Living Centres prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the grounds listed above. This applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and promotion.
If you require accommodation in order to successfully submit an application, please email us to make your accommodation request at firstname.lastname@example.org.