Marine Operations Coordinator
Join a team that shares your passion and enthusiasm for Canadian grain! Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited (P&H) has an opportunity for a motivated, forward-thinking and dedicated individual to bring their grain industry insight and customer service skills to a role as Marine Operations Coordinator based in Vancouver.
Work and grow with a family-owned company.
P&H’s roots go back over 110 years, and we have always been a Canadian, family-owned and managed agri-business. Our corporate culture values are family values; honesty and integrity with a focus on listening and continuous learning. Like family, we support our staff to always do better.
With over 70 locations spanning from coast to coast, and trade links around the globe, P&H is growth-oriented, diversified and vertically integrated with operations spanning across grain trading, handling and merchandising, as well as crop inputs, flour milling and feed mills.
Skills and experience for the next step in your career.
As the Marine Operations Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing day to day activities at the port terminal and ensuring client satisfaction. Responsibilities include managing the grain load at terminals, organizing vessel lineup, managing labour, and establishing accurate contract applications.
Your day to day activities will include:
· Manage grain load and unload at port terminals
· Determine costs, lay time, and demurrage review for vessels and railcars
· Communicate with customers and partnering companies on contract applications
· Validate and process freight payables
· Responsible for administrative components, trading documents and trading execution
The successful candidate should enter the position with the following qualifications:
· 3-5 years’ experience in agri-business or grain industry
· Post-secondary degree in Agriculture or Business Administration is preferred
· Extensive knowledge of Canada’s Grain Industry is an asset
· Experience in marine operations/chartering
· Experience in rail and terminal operations
· Excellent organizational skills
· Strong communication and customer service skills
· Attention to detail and problem solving skills
· Flexible working hours
To apply, please visit our career website: https://parrishandheimbecker.com/company/careers/. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about us at www.parrishandheimbecker.com
P&H is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that is reflective of Canadian society. As a result, Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is in compliance with the Employment Equity Act. We welcome applications from women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities and members of visible minorities. Accommodations in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent