*GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
*The Sales and Office Admin position involves selling IAG products by email and phone, scheduling guides and instructors for work, preparing and packing for trips, managing the equipment inventory, managing the website and social media presence of the company, and building and maintaining relationships on behalf of the company.
* * Answering emails and phone calls from customers in a timely fashion (within 24 hours, except over weekends)
- Managing the website (including positioning of current products, tracking sales, adjusting group sizes, adding new trip instances, and posting customer testimonials and photos)
- Creating engaging social media content
- Preparing and dispatching email newsletters
- Creating a seasonal program based on educated guesses at demand
- Scheduling new trips from client requests
- Working to fill trips so they are running at maximum capacity as much as possible (e.g. promotion through website and social media, newsletters, keeping track of past inquiries, etc.)
- Managing trips with low sign-up (e.g. trying to run them at supplemental costs for smaller groups, postponing to allow more time for further bookings, offering credit to other programs, etc.)
- Preparing and emailing digital certificates of completion to AST participants following each course
- Soliciting feedback and photos from participants following a trip via email
- Communication with guides and instructors, scheduling and confirming them for work
- Generating ideas for new trips that might be in demand
- Creating and maintaining connections with partners, including outdoor retailers, climbing gyms, clubs, colleges, businesses, etc.
- Managing accounts payable and receivable, preparing invoices and tracking payment, processing payments and issuing refunds via online payment processing software
- Packing for trips, including all necessary paperwork and gear, and communicating with guide or instructor regarding pick-up and drop-off
- Maintaining gear inventory, and reporting any lost or damaged gear to the director
- Generating new ideas for increasing sales
* * Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of computer literacy on Mac platform
- Proficiency with Pages and Numbers
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, take initiative and follow directions
- Existing knowledge of and experience with our programs an asset
*The position is part-time, year-round, for an average of 5 hours per day, 5 days a week (Monday to Friday). The schedule is somewhat flexible, as long as the workload is kept on top of. It also needs to include enough business hours to connect with customers and partners at appropriate times.
*COMPENSATION AND TRIAL PERIODS
*The starting wage is $18/hour. There will be three trial periods for this position. At the end of each, we will review the success of the relationship to date and decide whether it should continue. The periods are the first two weeks of employment, the first three months and the first six months.
*TIMELINE FOR HIRING PROCESS
*Applications close August 30. Interviews will be scheduled for September 9-13. Only selected individuals will be invited to interview. Selection of the successful candidate will be announced on September 16. Position starts training on September 23.
If you are interested in applying for this position, you must include a cover letter with your resume outlining why you would like to work for Island Alpine Guides, detailing your relevant experience and skills.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.00 /hour
- office administration: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)