The Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council (NTC) is looking for a permanent, full-time, reliable, experienced Secretary/Receptionist. Based out of the Tofino Office, this position will p*rovide administrative support to NTC Departmental staff, and be responsible for the provision of a full-range of public reception and secretarial services.
- Answer switchboard and greet callers; take messages, screen calls, refer calls and reply to questions in accordance with general instructions and office procedures; make assessment of calls to determine to which worker the call should be directed;
- Welcoming on-site visitors, determining nature of business, directing appropriately, and transmit information to and from staff members;
- Maintain established office files of records, visitor sign-in sheets, maintain logs and records of office activities;
- Assisting staff with travel arrangements and reservations for program staff.
- High School graduation or GED with receptionist training or experience in office routines;
- Able to provide clear information to the public and to maintain confidentiality;
- Able to communicate effectively in writing and using computers;
- Able to work effectively within a team environment and to act with tact and diplomacy in all circumstances;
- Must have a reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license;
- Provide acceptable references and criminal record check.
Competitive benefit package; salary based on qualifications and experience: salary range $31,000 - $39,000. For further information contact Lisa Sam, NTC Office Manager at (250) 724-5757.
Apply by 4pm November 5, 2019 by sending your cover letter, resume and three references (available for contact) to:
Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council
P.O. Box 1383
Port Alberni, BC V9Y 7M2
Attn.: Human Resource Manager
Fax: (250) 723-0463
Email: apply @ nuuchahnulth.org
(We regret that we will only respond to those applicants chosen for an interview)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $31,000.00 to $39,000.00 /year