Location: Berwick, Nova Scotia
Job Posting No.: 2021-ADM-2
Date Closing: Open until further notice
Salary: Based on the Department of Health Funding
Internal Job Posting for
1.0 FTE – Permanent
Description of Grand View Manor:
GVM is a non-profit long term care home with 5 nursing home units, 142 residents, and over
200 staff. One of the units is a secure unit for people with dementia and wandering behavior.
We also have an attached assisted living complex (30 units), and an enriched housing complex
(40 units). GVM staffing includes Nursing (Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses,
Continuing Care Assistants, Auxiliaries), Food Services, Environmental Services (Laundry,
Housekeeping), Maintenance, Recreation, OT/PT/PTA and Administrative Support.
The Scheduler position is responsible for staff scheduling for the Nursing Department,
Environmental Services Department, and Food Services and provides general team support
specifically in scheduling and is the main contact for Staff Schedule Care customer support.
- Oversees staff scheduling and shift replacements
- Organizes vacation requests, shift exchanges, and other scheduling requests within
approved organizational rule and practices and as supervised by the department heads.
- Enters staff hours and prepares reports for payroll and review from departmental heads
- Responsible to prepare time cards for department manager approval
- Prepares general staff meeting minutes & JOHSC meeting minutes
- Provides support to other managers in using the electronic staff scheduling system
- Provides coverage for other clerical staff as needed
- Provides support in other duties as assigned by DOC and Administrator