Musson Cattell Mackey Partnership Architects Designers Planners is seeking Intermediate Technologists to join our project teams.
MCM is a full-service architectural practice located in downtown Vancouver employing a complement of 100+ architects, technicians, and designers. We are primarily engaged in commercial, residential, institutional, science & technology and master planning projects. Our strength is experience. Our promise is reliability. To learn more about MCM, we encourage you to visit www.mcmparchitects.com.
The role is to support senior staff with project delivery. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a team or independently throughout all of the of the project phases.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience with a British Columbia architectural firm
- Completion of a certified Building Technology or Architectural program at a professionally recognized institution
- Must be registered with the AIBC or eligible to be registered in the province of British Columbia
- Working knowledge of local building codes and bylaws and a demonstrated understanding of building technology and materials
- High level of proficiency in REVIT, AutoCAD and SketchUp, Rhino, Photoshop/InDesign
- Experience in a variety of project types and a variety of construction systems such as concrete and steel
- Ability to manage priorities and meet tight deadlines in a highly dynamic work environment
- Experience and knowledge pertaining to all aspects of Design Development, Development and Building Permit submissions and preparation of contract drawings and documents
- Experience in 3D Visualization is an asset
- Understanding of sustainable design, LEED, BC Energy Step Code, ASHRAE 90.1, NECB and other such programs, codes and standards.
- Effective communication skills and fluency in English is required
MCM provides an open and collaborative team work environment with a potential for professional growth. A competitive salary and benefits package is available corresponding to qualifications and experience.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls and drop-ins please.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant architecture: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)