The Get Go Inc. (GGI) is an established small business that provides Roadway Sensors, Road Weather Information Systems (RWIS), and other innovative products like the Quick Change Kit (QCK) for LED Traffic Signals. Due to continuous steady growth and opportunity, we are looking for a full-time Technical Sales Representative to join our team.
Are you a “pull up your socks” team member? Have a natural curiosity and thirst for business development? Do you want to have direct influence over your own success and your company? Would you enjoy providing them with unique solutions and high quality service? Are you tech savvy and enjoy working with your hands sometimes? Do you love problem solving and putting complex puzzles together? Do you enjoy travelling and building relationships with others?? Are you energetic, results driven, personable and outgoing? If you answered yes, then we want to hear from you!
The Technical Sales Representative is responsible for sales and profitability in the Alberta territory through frequent travel to provide product promotion and support to all customers, and by retaining and expanding business with existing customers. A general description of duties, as a minimum, is described below:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that products supplied by GGI are installed and supported in a way that ensures the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Travel based on project requirements and as customer/management needs dictate.
- Provide quotations, information and application assistance.
- Complete Tenders and Requests for Quotations.
- Provide product training as required.
- Maintain accurate up-to-date client files including all contacts, mail and email addresses, and telephone/facsimile numbers, all correspondence, orders, requests for information and projects for each person within an agency with whom GGI may conduct business.
- Maintain complete records on all results of Tenders and RFQ for company records.
- Travel to required trade shows to assist with setup of displays / booths and present product information.
- Provide product presentations as required.
- Remain up to date on all of our own and competitor product offerings.
- Supply all required documentation in a concise and timely manner for all customer purchase orders.
- Provide accurate sales forecasting as required.
- Participate in and adhere to company work procedures at all times.
- Annual sale plan preparation with bookings, budget and forecast.
- Continually learn about new products and enhancements.
- Other duties may be assigned or assistance requested on occasion.
- Diploma/Degree in a related field (i.e. sales/marketing, electrical technician).
- 2+ years’ experience in a business capacity (business development/sales role in a technical field and with hands-on technical component preferred but not required).
- Highly technically savvy (comfortable with technical product installs and demonstrations without assistance).
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- OACETT is an asset but not required (or interest in working towards designation).
- Interest in continuous learning through formal and informal education programs.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to present before groups inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instruction furnished by written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Candidate must be comfortable to work unsupervised for long periods of time. Must be highly self-motivated and autonomous.
- This role requires a “Class 5” drivers license in good standing and a reliable vehicle for frequent business travel.
- This role is based out of the Quebec City area, with regular travel to high populous areas in Quebec and Maritime. Occasional travel to our head office in Aurora, Ontario.
- Overnight travel may be required up to 10%.
- On occasion, travel to the USA and to Europe is needed to receive factory training on products we distribute in Canada. The employee must be able to travel to these countries to stay up to date on our product as needed and to fulfill other obligations under this job description.
*Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GGI is committed to accommodating all applicants in accordance with provincial Human Rights Code for all employment activities including the recruitment process.
The successful candidate will be required to submit a Police Criminal Record Check and Driver's Abstract upon hire, deemed satisfactory by the company. GGI will not discriminate against any candidate or employee for his/her Criminal Record unless otherwise deemed directly unacceptable for their employment with the company.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission, Permanent
- sales/business development: 2 years (Preferred)
- Quebec City Area (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)
- English (Required)
- French (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19