CoPower is a leading fintech company that helps investors of all sizes make a profit while making a difference. Through our online platform, individuals can invest in green bonds and funds that support real renewable energy and energy efficiency projects across Canada.
We’re part of a new wave of tech companies that are rethinking finance: if fintech, impact investing, or clean energy are trends that excite you, this is the best place to be. We’re strongly backed by brand-name investors like RBC Generator Fund, Fondaction CSN and Ferst Capital Partners. CoPower is Canada’s clean energy investing platform, and a proud certified B-Corporation.
Currently we are looking for a senior full-stack developer / software architect to lead our development team. The successful candidate will be dedicated to building our new system, migrating our PHP/concrete5 based system to a microservices architect, on a React / Django (python) tech-stack.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Leading a small agile team to execute the architectural design of our new platform that you've developed with the support of the dev team and management team
- Working on backend projects in Django (Python)
- Convert existing (& possibly support our current) PHP systems to Spring Boot / React
- Working on database programming in MySQL
- Working with third party APIs and implementing them into our platform
- Working closely with our investor relations, marketing and legal departments to ensure uniform UX across our web platform
Nice to have:
- 7+ years working on a commercial web platform tech stack
- having lead the full software development life cycle, from requirements to implementation as you'll be expected to do so in this role.
- Comfortable with Git in a Unix environment
- Experience with at least 1 modern front-end framework (Angular, React, Jquery)
- Experience with a CSS preprocessors like Sass or Less
- Understanding of design patterns like MVC and factory design pattern
- Experience with OOP standards
- Experience with dependency/package managers like Composer, Maven, Gradle
- Experience developing Microservices
- Experience with Docker
- Understanding concepts and usage of CI/CD practices
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with AWS services (EC2, RDS, Lambda)
- Projects that showcase your frontend and backend development experience
- Experience in refactoring code
- Familiarity with financial-services and investment concepts is definitely helpful
- Experience using the JHipster platform an asset
- Experience with React and Bootstrap an asset
- Experience with Ehcache an asset
Our office in located downtown Toronto, with some of the team split between our Toronto and Montreal offices.
What you get:
- A job that you can be proud of and that helps the environment
- A role in a great team, with a culture of respect for quality engineering
- Time and budget support for professional growth: classes, coaching and certification
- Competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits
We are an equal-opportunity employer
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter and a resume through this site to ensure that your application doesn't let lost in a sea of emails or other platforms.