AGRIS Co-operative Ltd. has an opportunity for an Operations Lead to join our AGRIS Team in Dutton supporting the Elgin, Lambton Middlesex Hub. The successful candidate will work in a team environment as part of the leadership, agronomy, seed, grain and the sales team to assist in the delivering of agriculture innovation and services in our communities to enhance farm owner profitability, exceptional customer service and operational excellence.
As the Operations Lead, you will work closely under the direction of the Area Manager, supporting the leadership of the day to day operations and administration of the assigned location. This includes working closely with a high performing team of full time and seasonal staff to carry out the operation and administration duties to deliver on the requirements of the location including scheduling of staff, equipment, dispatch, customer experience delivery, sales, and services for AGRIS across the Elgin, Lambton Middlesex Hub.
What will you be responsible for:
- Provide an exceptional customer experience at every interaction.
- Support the scheduling and supervision of a team of full time and seasonal operational staff, as well as supervision of the maintenance of equipment, rolling stock, and facilities.
- Supports implementation of sound operating practices at assigned locations.
- Understanding and supporting overall branch operation and administrative functions.
- Support the recruitment, development and supervision of full-time and seasonal personnel required to conduct all operational and administrative tasks assigned to the location.
- Schedules custom application services throughout location.
- Responsible for product inventory and product quality control. Reports inventories monthly and investigates all shrink and quality degradation issues.
- Demonstrates essential abilities including business knowledge, collaboration, communication, customer focus, decision making and skills development.
- Contribute to achieving budgeted efficiencies and costs through effective operations management.
- Gain proficiency and knowledge in Precision Agriculture services and Grain.
- Maintain awareness of sustainability issues on farm such as 4 R Stewardship, Class 12 pesticide rules etc.
- Assists in the development and implementation of business plans that maximize location profitability.
- Supports and contributes to total company goals and objectives through collaboration efforts.
- Ensures the safety and security of assets including premises, inventory, equipment, etc., as well as all government safety regulations are adhered to by all personnel.
- Active participant in the monthly location safety meetings and works closely on safety issues with location designate to Senior Safety Committee
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Requirements for this Job:
- Completion of a degree or diploma in agriculture, with 5 years or more of operations related work experience or farming experience to demonstrate knowledge to effectively assist in the management of the assigned facilities and personnel.
- Knowledge of agronomy, fertilizer, chemical, seed and grain marketing.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain all applicable certifications, licenses, and permits within 2 years.
- Ability to work extended hours and on-call as business conditions warrant.
- Must have or be willing to obtain a DZ license.
- Occasionally exposed or required to:
- Extreme weather conditions (hot, cold, wet, snow, ice, etc.)
- Working conditions may include dust, fumes, chemicals, and electrical hazards with appropriate safety measures
- May be required to work at varying heights
- Lift 51 - 70 lbs.
If you are interested in furthering your Career as part of an industry leader, developing innovative solutions and enhancing the profitability of our members, we want to meet with you!
About AGRIS Co-operative Ltd.
AGRIS Co-operative Ltd. is a dynamic and successful farmer owned Co-operative that prides itself on providing quality Energy, agronomic and grain marketing solutions for our customer/owners. We are a leader in precision farming technology, seed, and agronomy and Energy services.
AGRIS Co-operative Ltd. is a 100 per-cent farmer-owned grain marketing and farm-input supply company that serves more than 1,000 farmer owners in 14 locations in Essex, Kent, Elgin, Middlesex and Lambton Counties.
The co-operative is a partner of Great Lakes Grain, a grain merchandising company. AGRIS Co-operative is a member-owner of GROWMARK, Inc. and markets products and services under the FS banner.
We have branches located in Brigden, Chatham, Cottam, Dutton, Glencoe, Leamington, McGregor, Muirkirk, Rochester, Stoney Point, Thamesford, Thamesville, Tupperville and Wheatley
Please forward your resume in confidence by August 21, 2019
AGRIS Co-operative Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all those who apply however only applicants selected for an interview will be notified.
Job Type: Full-time
- agriculutural: 1 year (Required)