Orion Management & Construction is seeking an experienced individual to fill the full-time position of Property Maintenance & Operations Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for all property operations and maintenance at East Point Shopping, southern New Brunswick's premier shopping destination. In addition, the portfolio includes Hilyard Place, and a number of other prominent retail, commercial and residential properties. Reporting to the Director of Real Estate, you will assume responsibility for the overall management of internal and external property staff and building operations.
If you want to move your career to the next level you should consider this role if you want to:
· Work closely with Decision Makers
· Be Involved in most aspects of the business
· Have the opportunity to demonstrate your flexibility and hands-on ability
· Be the face of the company for tenants, contractors and suppliers
Your Qualifications should include:
Five to seven years experience in building operations and property management of commercial retail and residential properties.
Thorough knowledge of general maintenance procedures, budgeting principles, HVAC/electrical/mechanical systems and life-cycle costing
· Proven ability to direct department activities; lead by example; formulate and execute company-wide goals and objectives and assess achievement. Leading with respect and consideration of all team members ideas and input
· Managing maintenance, janitorial, outside services, and coordinating and supervising construction staff and contractors as it related to tenant leasehold improvements, fit ups and other property improvement works. Ensures all staff are trained and able to be proactive and work in an effective, safe and courteous manner.
· You will also need to manage the relations of Clients, Service Providers and Contractors to obtain competitive estimates
· Good organizational skills and ability to work efficiently under pressure to manage multiple tasks and prioritize for completion
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
Managing the day to day and longer-term operation, maintenance and leasehold improvements for the group’s portfolio of office, commercial, retail and residential properties.
Financial / Negotiations
· Confident financial background and attention to detail to prepare, forecast, review, evaluate and interpret various reports and studies, e.g., monthly progress reports, cost analyses, etc.
· Demonstrated experience in negotiations
· Computer proficiency, particularly MS Office, (Excel, Word) and specialized programs such as the YARDI building management system and the important role that its features can play in the effective management of all properties.
· Good knowledge of applicable federal, municipal and local government regulations
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to maintain productive, long term relations with the clients, the tenants, trades and suppliers
There are many exciting components to this role which include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Developing, implementing, and evaluating comprehensive preventative maintenance programs.
· Responding to property emergencies in a timely manner, coordinating resources and providing appropriate guidance in emergency situations.
· Supervising and coordinating all required activities to ensure that all longer term planned and unplanned cleaning and maintenance activities are carried out in an efficient, timely, safe and cost-effective manner.
· Ensuring that required changes to building access control and HVAC systems are carried out on a scheduled basis.
· Conducting regular building inspections and audits on properties to ensure that building cleanliness, maintenance and safety are meeting tenant and owner expectations.
· Managing service contract negotiations, and implementing purchasing and expense control strategies to help them to stay competitive within the market
· Takes responsibility for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the properties/sites. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws Manages tenant improvement projects and building renovation projects to ensure completions are on time and on budget and in accordance with their construction guidelines and standards,
· Sourcing vendors and suppliers of the various materials and services required to clean, maintain and improve properties.
· Ensuring that quality materials and services are sourced in a cost-effective manner. The Property Maintenance and Operations Manager will periodically review performance specifications and pricing for existing building contracts and initiate, in consultation with the Director of Real Estate, a bidding process including coordinating proposals and service contracts.
· Developing annual operating budgets and monitoring operational expenses on a regular basis and implementing strategies to ensure expenditures remain within prescribed budgets.
A very competitive package is being offered. For more information and to be considered for the position please forward your resume and a cover letter identifying how you acquired the desired qualifications to Larry Cain
Reference ID: Property Maintenance & Operations Manager 2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent