: Supply Chain & Procurement
Employment Type :
Job Level :
: Feb 18, 2020
: Mar 3, 2020
Reporting Manager Title :
Dept. Manager P&C
At the end of April 2019, WorleyParsons combined with Jacobs’ Energy, Chemicals and Resources (ECR) division, to create Worley.
T ogether, we are a leading global provider of professional project and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We have almost 60,000 amazing people in around 60 countries across the world covering the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets for our customers.
Our exciting combination will create new opportunities for you to join us.
The transition will take time, so in the short-term you may see references to our heritage companies in your application process.
Click here to see how we celebrate our community impact and our people who make it possible!
Reporting to Keystone XL Supply Chain Manager, the Materials Coordinator (MC) will perform and\or manage all of the activities necessary to enable effective end-to-end coordination of materials (which will include equipment) in support of Projects. The MC will work with a wide range of KXL project personnel including Project Managers, Project Engineering, Project Controls, Construction Management, Commissioning, SC Contract Analysts, SC Buyers, SC Expediting & Logistics, SC Material Management, Technical Services, Quality & Assurance, Engineering Service Providers (ESP), Suppliers, Fabricators, Construction Contractors and other key stakeholder positions to enable efficient and effective identification, requisitioning and coordination of materials required for the project. The MC will also be required to indirectly lead and influence internal and external stakeholders. The core accountability is to ensure that materials for the project is available when required
- In conjunction with the Project Managers, Engineering and SC, develop a Material Matrix identifying which materials will be provided by TransCanada, its Fabricators, or its Construction Contractor. For materials to be provided by TransCanada, identify which materials are to be reserved from existing inventory or to be procured from Suppliers.
- Incorporate material lead time estimates from SC and develop a schedule for placing material orders in time to meet the project schedule.
- Develop a schedule and plan for material movement which includes storage and staging locations, and preservation requirements.
- Coordinate design deliverables from Project Engineering or the ESP to SC for the timely occurrence of RFQ’s (Requests for Quotation) and subsequent awards according to the Material Matrix schedule.
- Work with Materials Management team to identify where material purchases can be displaced by utilizing available inventory and\or surplus materials.
- Create SAP reservations for materials in inventory according to project requirements and timelines.
- Create SAP purchase requisitions for materials based on design Bills of Materials provided by Project Engineering or the ESP.
- Create a request for a new Material Master if the existing SAP material catalogue does not provide appropriate alternatives.
- Work with project disciplines (Engineering, Purchasing, Expediting, Logistics, Warehousing, Fabrication, and Construction) to update Material Status Report with quantities, timelines, and material whereabouts.
- Maintain all required status reports, documents and records, including Material Test Records (MTRs), associated with project materials which are required in support of construction and commissioning activities.
- Resolve material discrepancies (e.g., quantities, quality, or supporting documentation) within each functional group.
- Work with Expeditors, 3rd Party Inspections (3PI), Suppliers, Fabricators, and the Construction Contractor to anticipate issues relating to materials (i.e., late deliveries, material shortages, or damages) and develop and execute recovery plans.
- Contribute to the staging yard(s) and storage requirement planning for the Project and liaise with Materials Management to coordinate overall staging and storage requirement which may leverage or utilize existing infrastructure.
- Receive "Vendor drawing approval" and "Vendor documentation according to VDRL" line item on PO\RO in SAP.
- On-going monitoring and reporting of inspection activities, and ensuring final inspection documentation received.
- Ensure Supplier and Fabricator deliveries are expedited on a predetermined schedule to ensure RAS (required at site) dates are met.
- Instruct the Warehouse to release and issue the materials to the Fabricator, or from the Fabricator to the site \ laydown yard and ultimately to the Construction Contractor.
- Coordinate physical receipt of material at the Warehouse, project site\laydown yard, Fabricator and\or Construction Contractor.
- Receive materials line items on PO \ RO in SAP (goods receipt).
- Ensure development of commissioning spares list and create SAP requisition.
- Ensure development of a critical spares list (BOMs) and create SAP requisition.
- Identify surplus commissioning\project spares to be transferred to inventory.
- Ensure physical receipt of commissioning and critical spares.
- Receive commissioning and critical spares line items on PO\RO in SAP (goods receipt).
- Arrange material returns to Vendor and ensure credit flows back to the project.
What you will bring
Technical and Industry Experience
- General knowledge of home office and site materials control functions;
- Available to travel to warehouses, Fabricators, and storage and site locations across North America*;
- Superior written and oral communication skills, project management skills, analytical and problem solving skills and financial acumen are a requirement;
- General knowledge of material and equipment used in pipeline and facilities construction;
- General knowledge of pipeline and facility material manufacturing and fabrication processes;
- Ability to manage multiple high priority projects and competing priorities;
- Superior computer skills, particularly experience with relevant SAP system modules.
Education and Experience
Other assets valuable to the role include:
- University Degree in Supply Chain, Construction, Electrical or Mechanical discipline is preferred or equivalent experience;
- Business and Engineering training; PMP Certification would be assets;
- Minimum eight (8) years related experience in a Project environment with direct responsibility for requisitioning, receiving, issuing and tracking materials and equipment;
- Direct experience in the Field\Project site working in a materials\equipment coordination role;
- Experience within the oil and gas, pipeline, or power industries;
- Past material logistics experience.
This position requires candidates to:
- Ability to read OEM parts manuals;
- Ability to read Engineering drawings and material take offs;
- Detailed knowledge of manufacturing and fabrication processes, with an emphasis on material packaging, loading and unloading procedures, and material preservation while in storage;
- Advanced training in the use of the MicroSoft Office Suite and highly proficient SAP user (requisitioning & receiving).
- have and maintain a valid Driver's License;
- provide a Driver's Abstract for review;
- successfully complete a security clearance/criminal record check;
- ability to travel* across international borders and be able to provide appropriate documentation to substantiate authorization.
Worley will offer you a competitive compensation and benefits package, plus a friendly, professional and dynamic working environment with the opportunity to develop your career prospects within Canada and on a global scale.
When you join Worley, you’ll join an equal opportunity employer that believes in the inherent benefits of a diverse workplace and that promotes inclusion and flexibility. We encourage applications from a diverse population of people that reflect the range of countries, cultures and contexts spanned by our operations. Our people are at the heart of our processes – we value everyone’s personal wellbeing and contributions.
Only those candidates with appropriate qualifications and experience will be contacted directly.
No agency representation or submissions will be recognized for this vacancy.