PHARMACY TECHNICIAN III
TEMPORARY PART TIME
Days, Evenings, Weekends; 8 hour shifts (subject to change)
Lakeridge Health Ajax/Pickering
Reporting to the Manager of Pharmacy or Director of Pharmacy, the Pharmacy Technician III is responsible for the provision of assistance to the Pharmacists with such duties as unit-dose dispensing, compounding medications, issuing ward stock and narcotics, preparation of sterile products, recording and labeling supplies and stock, and other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of a CCAPP accredited Pharmacy Technician Program;
- Registered Pharmacy Technician with Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP);
- Hospital experience with a computerized unit-dose distribution system and IV admixture service;
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proven organizational skills in a fast paced environment;
- Demonstrated commitment to our core values of Compassion, Innovation, Courage and Trust;
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public;
- Must have satisfactory performance record;
- Demonstrated understanding of and, commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety program and practices including staff, patient, and environmental safety and participation in regular in-service education in this area; and
- Proven good attendance record with capability of maintaining this same standard.
$28.83 - $33.08 per hour
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This position is open to all qualified OPSEU (Local 348 Bargaining Unit) staff throughout Lakeridge Health.
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Hospital and OPSEU (Local 348 Bargaining Unit).
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under Lakeridge Health's Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.