KONE Canada is looking for an Assistant Controller.
E ssential functions include :
1. Provide weekly & monthly project & contract performance and other cost analysis including variances to budget.
2. Perform monthly closing procedures
3. Manage Beacon data on a monthly basis and provide monthly reporting in Beacon and SAP. Assist ENA senior management with analysis and reporting.
4. Conduct frontline project closeouts ensuring proper reserves and costing.
5. Investigate frontline projects and contracts outside of normal costing and resolve costing issues - assure proper revenue recognition to policy.
6. Provide Regional Operations with assistance regarding job costing in SAP. Research and respond to inquiries on SAP project systems internal job costing and/or contract revenue.
7. Maintain and update auxiliary systems and data, i.e. Beacon platform and labor rate database, as needed.
8. Assist in the planning, development and implementation of process improvements. Assist with documenting internal accounting controls and procedures in accordance with the KONE Financial Control Model (FCM).
9. Maintain timely KONE Inc. account reconciliations and prepare monthly operative reporting.
10. Assist with planning, budgeting and forecasting at regional, district level and branch levels.
11. Review new orders for appropriate costing.
12. Perform all accounting in accordance with International Accounting Standards (IAS).
13. Administer, review and control employee expense and credit card systems
1. Travel to KONE Branch locations on an as needed basis.
2. Other projects as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting
At least one to two years of accounting experience Working knowledge of SAP strongly preferred Proficient in use of Excel or similar spreadsheet software
Experience with Beacon Software preferred
Specific Knowledge, Skills & Behaviors:
Ability to work under rigid time constraints to meet specific deadlines.
Interpersonal and communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of employees.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, managers, internal & external customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages and to apply concepts of basic algebra.
At KONE, we are focused on creating an innovative and collaborative working culture where we value the contribution of each individual. Employee engagement is a key focus area for us and we encourage participation and the sharing of information and ideas. Sustainability is an integral part of our culture and the daily practice. We follow ethical business practices and we seek to develop a culture of working together where co-workers trust and respect each other and good performance is recognized. In being a great place to work, we are proud to offer a range of experiences and opportunities that will help you to achieve your career and personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced life.
Read more on www.kone.com/careers