PointClickCare is the leading cloud-based software provider for the senior care market in North America. Driven by a passion for innovation and technology, we’re building solutions that have a true impact on people’s lives. Recently named one of Deloitte’s fastest growing technology companies and Canada’s best managed companies, PointClickCare provides vast opportunities and a great culture for our employees. PointClickCare is a dynamic environment to advance your career while performing meaningful work with great people.
Does this sound familiar? Maybe it’s time for a new job…
I’ve never heard of PointClickCare. What do you do?
We’re a cloud-based software provider for the senior care market in North America. But we’re also the industry leaders in terms of growth potential and our expansion into new markets of Senior Care. We all know someone who has aging parents or grandparents. Our technology is helping to improve the quality of care for the additional 58 Million Seniors that will reside in North America over the next 16 years.
So what does a Software Developer at PointClickCare do?
You don’t just get stuck in the usual Enterprise Software world here. We work with Sensors, API’s, 3rd parties, mobile apps, hybrid apps, and other cool technologies for Full Stack Developers to work on. We operate in an Agile SW Development environment, and we’re continuing to invest heavily in R&D.
What does a typical day look like for a SW Developer?
- The majority of your day would be spent working with a cross-functional team of developers, business analysts, and quality analysts to specify, design, develop, test, and implement software. They’re all great people to work with. Trust me.
- You’d also spend some time in the design and development in all tiers of web application, including front and back end design, database design, and unit testing.
- We’re huge on professional development, and so there’s always a training class, hackathon, or an internal course being offered.
- Time permitting, debate Star Wars versus Star Trek.
- Have a look at a video by our Engineering department: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeeSn3lzkwc&list=PLwERWsJLXEnEz9j8IwqjUWfqCzQ1SbvGL&index=7
What does the growth potential look like?
- Many of our open jobs in Engineering are filled with internal employees. A SW Developer will typically progress to a Senior Developer, Architect, Team Lead, or Manager. There are also opportunities to move into other departments depending on your areas of interest.
- Even if you’re not looking to change jobs, we offer free training on new SW technologies, project management, agile training, leading others, and improving your public speaking / presentation skills to name a few.
What qualifications do you look for?
- We also really like candidates that have a good understanding of Enterprise Design patterns.
- Bonus points if you have hands-on experience with relational databases.
- For the education requirements, we’re looking to hire someone with a Degree in Computer/Software Engineering.
Please consider applying, even if you don't tick off all the boxes. We'll make sure to provide you with the best training for the skill set we need, as long as you promise to bring passion and your utmost dedication to work every single day. Having a diverse workforce only strengthens our culture and enhances our performance.
Working at PointClickCare goes beyond the resume, because the work we perform makes a true difference in people’s lives. We build innovative healthcare technology for seniors and their caregivers that improve their quality of life and well-being on a daily basis. We believe work is so much more meaningful when you’re doing it with a higher purpose.
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.