Reports to: Regional Sales Director – Western Canada
Under direct supervision of the Regional Sales Director, establish and formulate the regional business strategy/plan on an annual basis to position specific business goals. Direct and manage the sales and specification teams relative to Specification products (primarily Wilsonart) and implement plans to grow Specification product sales in the region. Prepare annual sales forecast and corresponding strategy to achieve sales targets.
Other competencies associated with primary function and scope are as follows:
- Assist in identifying specification sales opportunities by utilizing best practices
- Develop knowledge in business situations and McKillican Company policies and procedures leading to career advancement.
- Learn, develop, and work through the initial Sales Leadership curve.
- Possess ability to perform “what-if analysis” when necessary.
- Develops and begins working off a plan to achieve levels of contribution relating to project leadership, process knowledge, or functional expertise
- Establish annual goals for each sales person. Develop the abilities of the sales personnel.
- Establish annual goals for each direct report. Develop the abilities of all direct reports.
- Train, monitor, check and approve the financial status of the region/category
- Target specific accounts for new product sales or increased penetration of existing sales.
- Monitor sales/specification reps project pipeline report on weekly basis.
- Develop and analyze sales reports to determine where both growth and decline in sales is occurring.
- Implement price increases and react to competitive activity with proper documentation.
- Satisfy customer needs while looking after the best interests of the McKillican enterprise.
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Act as the primary liaison between McKillican and Specified Product suppliers (primarily Wilsonart). Work and collaborate with vendor resources to promote and grow specification product market share in defined territory/market.
- Establish and maintain regular contact with assigned territory/accounts/specification channels to introduce and promote the sale of McKillican specification-oriented products in accordance with company goals and policies.
- Develop and ensure Project/product pipeline is meeting/exceeding company targets and being maintained & updated in a timely and effective manner.
- Establish and maintain regular contact with specifiers, architects and engineers to inform them of the advantages of using McKillican specified products and to motivate them towards specifying McKillican represented products for their custom
- Analyze and evaluate assigned territory/account regarding sales trends and potentials, competition, economic/business conditions, and performance; recommend changes in sales programs and customers to make territory/account more effective in meeting sales volume quot
- Prepare annual sales forecast, for assigned territory/account, projecting sales volume for the next year based on knowledge of sales trends and potentials, area competition and economic/business condition Review and discuss sales quotas with Specification & Project Sales leader.
- Attend and participate in Company sales meetings and trade or local industry meetings, shows and conventions to increase knowledge of McKillican specification products, improve selling techniques and cultivate good working relationships with accounts and product users.
- Manage pricing programs and merchandising allocation in territory/account according to established company policies and procedures.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS:
S*upervisory Relationships: *
- Reports directly to Regional Sales Director
- Dotted line to President/COO & Business Unit Leaders
- Specification & Project Sales team (6)
O*rganizational Relationships: *
- Effectively unitizes Marketing department resources to drive sales to plan and amplify specified products
- Has active and effective communication with Regional Project Coordinator and directs process
- Has moderate contact with administrative personnel regarding sales policies and practices and sales order processing inquiries
E*xternal Business Relationships: *
- Has continuous contact with accounts to promote McKillican specified products (Wilsonart) and develops sales programs to ensure sales plan is achieved
- Has frequent contact with architects and other specifiers and users to provide them with appropriate information regarding McKillican supported products.
E*DUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: *
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Marketing would be considered an asset. 5 years of sales management experience in related products and markets required. Must possess basic skills in written and oral communication with all levels of management and with outside contacts.
Travel to trade shows, distribution centers, and customer visits as needed, approximately 40-60%.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales Management: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)