Role: PT Childcare Assistant (RECE)
Reports to: Supervisor, OLF Licensed Childcare
Location: 191 Crofters Road, Woodbridge
Hours: Monday to Friday; 2:30 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
Social Enterprise for Canada (SEC) is a charitable organization started in 1989 that seeks, secures and delivers a range of public services dedicated to creating communities that exemplify Canadian values. SEC is an early adapter public benefit organization. As such Social Enterprise Canada Corp is a companion business company that delivers high value business and client services. SECC’s portfolio includes data applications, virtual, service and multilingual communication solutions.
Our public service signature expertise includes service development and delivery for immigrants, newcomers, early learning and development, Family justice service, Career and Labour market integration. We are looking for brand ambassadors to join our pursuit of excellence in delivery, bringing the best value through high customer focus and satisfaction, high impact and operational efficiency.
The RECE is responsible for providing a safe and caring environment for children. In addition, the RECE is responsible for the development and implementation of children’s programs; facilitate various activities that promote physical activity, healthy eating and nutrition, positive personal development and wellness. RECE’s are innovative and have strong programming skills as well as excellent behaviour management skills that include problem solving, positive-reinforcement and redirection strategies.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Ensure the provision of a caring, stimulating and inclusive environment for the children and youth attending the program.
- Facilitate a variety of physical activities aimed at engaging students in fun, recreational and life-long learning objectives.
- Plan, coordinate and provide a healthy snack to all participants within the program guidelines accommodating all dietary restrictions.
- Supervise children attending the program and promote safety and respect amongst all participants.
- Ensure a friendly and supportive atmosphere is maintained by developing appropriate strategies to support children in managing their behaviour.
- Respond to the individual needs of children and establish stable and consistent relationships with each child and their families/caregivers
- Liaise sensitively with parents on matters concerning their children while maintaining confidentiality.
- Ensure that the health and safety needs of the children are met and all health and safety issues are dealt with immediately and appropriately. Ensure correct procedures are followed for administering first aid.
- Carry out daily risk assessments and ensure the supervision of children during activities inside or outside the school.
- Maintain all required records, forms and reports as required
- Ensure the cleaning and tidying of the facility and be responsible for the safe storage of equipment, maintaining that all equipment is in good working order prior to usage.
- Report on a regular basis to Supervisor regarding issues of need and/or concern.
- Plan for and implement an inquiry based emergent curriculum based on children’s individual interests and needs.
- Degree or Diploma in Early Childhood Education. Current RECE Certification required
- 1- 2 years’ experience as an Early Childhood Educator
- Strong working knowledge of child development theories and practices
- Experience planning and delivering an inquiry based emergent curriculum
- Strong working knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and procedures to ensure that children are supervised and safe at all times
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office and the ability to prepare and write reports/records and maintain same
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment with all levels of staff, the public, and program participants
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the job including frequent standing, walking, bending, kneeling, crouching or crawling
- Legally able to work in Canada for a period of no less than 3 years
- This position requires before and after school hours and will require PA Day or occasional evening hours for an open house, training etc.
- Position requires summer program support when delivered at this location
- Current Vulnerable Sector Screen
- Current CPR level C and First Aid Certificate
- Current Satisfactory VSS
- All immunizations up to date including Tuberculosis (2 Part TB) test
- Valid Driver’s License and/or access to reliable transportation
- Commitment to part-time role, Monday to Friday afternoons, 17.5 hour work week.
We appreciate all candidates for their expressed interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Social Enterprise for Canada is and equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all stages of the selection process.
Job Type: Part-time
- teaching: 1 year (Required)
- Woodbridge, ON (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)