Employer: CPA Firm
Job Position: Staff Accountant / Bookkeeper – CPA Firm
Location: Brampton West (Chingacousy and Bovaird)
Job Type: Contract (potential of becoming permanent)
Compensation: Based on experience.
Experience required: 2-4 years in public accounting
We are a Brampton (west) based CPA professional services firm providing assurance, tax, and advisory services to small businesses and individuals. Our organization has been growing and has long-term development and growth opportunities. We currently have an opening for a Staff Accountant / Bookkeeper to join our Brampton office
What we offer:
Supportive work environment
Competitive compensation plan
What are the responsibilities:
- Preparation of working paper files (review and notice to reader), including unaudited financial statements.
- Preparation of financial statements and notes.
- Participation in client audit representations with CRA, WSIB, etc.
- Perform financial and system analysis.
- Prepare personal and corporate income tax returns.
- Bookkeeping and payroll duties, as required.
- Client portfolio management including being the main point of contact for clients, following up on documents and questions, requesting engagements and ensuring due dates are met.
- Assisting in client meetings or conducting short meetings independently, as required.
- Other duties and responsibilities as and when required.
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience of accounting / bookkeeping in public accounting at a mid level preferred.
- Working towards CPA or overseas (CA, CA Intermediate) designation preferred
- Knowledge and working experience with QuickBooks, Caseware, Simply Accounting, Profile preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the clients’ business and maintain client relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Willingness and ability to learn as well get trained
Please send your resume by Monday February 10, 2020
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Permanent
- bookkeeping: 3 years (Preferred)
- CMA (Preferred)
- CPA (Preferred)
- CA (Preferred)
- CGA (Preferred)
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Preparing financial statements (e.g. balance sheet, P&L, statement of cash flows)
- Tax preparation