W & J Construction Ltd., and Woodsmere Holdings Corp, is a locally owned Vancouver Island based company operating across Western Canada in Land Development, New Construction and Property Management for over 30 years.
Head office is offering a position for a Senior Accountant at its new award-winning state of art head-office building located at 779 Blackberry Rd in Saanich BC.
The Senior Accountant reports to the President and Controller and will be responsible for full cycle accounting.
We are looking for an accountant who is bright, hard-working, professional, confident, and dynamic. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone who really wants to grow in a successful, long term real estate development and property management company.
- Processing and reconciliation of monthly expense reports
- Review daily banking and prepare weekly cash flow reports as well as cash flows, bank reconciliations transfers and corporate banking
- Reconcile intercompany accounts, corporate credit card and shareholder accounts
- Manage all aspects of the general ledger, including journal entry postings for the various investment funds and entities within the corporate group
- Draft and prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements for review
- Prepare annual financial statements, tax return and related filings
- Preparation and filing of monthly GST and WCB returns for the various corporate entities
- Monitor budgets monthly and report variances
- Prepare and execute bi-monthly Payroll including filing Revenue Canada source deductions
- Respond to queries from staff and vendors
- Prepare monthly cash flows
- Monitor Project Cost and variance reports
- Preparation and filing of WCB returns
- Preparation of Bank Reconciliations
- Reconciliation of WIP, general ledgers and inter-company transactions
- Prepare ad hoc reports as necessary and other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Qualification:
- Must be a designated CPA professional
- Minimum 3 to 5-year accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Familiarity with Sage 300 formerly known as Timberline
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Outlook, particularly Microsoft Excel and Word
- Team oriented, self-motivated, and collaborative with proven results
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Enthusiasm and genuine passion for real estate
This is an opportunity to work in a dynamic and fun-loving work environment which will enable you to grow and enhance your accounting experience and career.
Salary will be based on experience.
As we continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation, we want to keep the safety of our employees and interested candidates top of mind. Over the next few weeks, we will continue to conduct interviews for all posted opportunities via phone and video conference.
While we can only respond to shortlisted applicants, we will keep your information on file and consider you for future opportunities as they come available.
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Vacation & paid time off
- On-site parking
- Education reimbursement
- Wellness programs
Reference ID: Senior Accountant
Application deadline: 2020-05-15
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Sage 300: 3 years (Preferred)