GFL Environmental is looking for Sorters to join our growing team out of our facility located at 335 Mazenod Road, Winnipeg.
The shift is Monday to Friday either 5:00am - 3:00pm / 6:00am-3:00pm / or 7:00am-3:00pm.
As a Sorter, you will perform a variety of tasks that include sorting recyclables and un-packaging products/recyclables on the sorting line. Other responsibilities they have are manual lifting, pushing bins, sweeping, and general cleaning throughout the plant in order to maintain production and cleanliness of our facility.
- Remain at appropriate work stations at all times during equipment operations.
- Ensure that material is picked off or left on the process line as instructed.
- Ensure that material flow is kept and any issues be brought to the Supervisor’s attention.
- Work stations are to be kept clean of all debris. Ensure the area around work station is kept in an orderly manner.
- Follow all procedures with regard to hazardous material found on the line. Report all such occurrences to supervisor immediately.
- Assist in the cleaning of the facility as needed and instructed by Supervisor.
- Other duties may be assigned with operational changes
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- Previous loader or skid steer experience would be considered an asset
- Able to work as a team and contribute to the success of the organization
- Knowledge of safety procedures and practices necessary
- Adhere to all company safety requirements
- Wear and maintain PPE at all times on the property
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Reliable means of transportation as public transportation will be a big challenge
Who we are:
GFL Environmental is the only major diversified environmental services company in North America; operating across Canada and the United States; offering services in solid waste management, liquid waste management, and infrastructure development.
Recognized by our signature fleet of bright green trucks and equipment, we offer a wide range of environmental and industrial services to businesses, communities, and households, providing a consolidated and sophisticated approach to meeting our customers’ needs.
· Extended health care
· Life insurance
· Disability insurance
· Employee assistance program
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds, and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion, or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)