Armstrong Milling Co. Ltd. is committed to providing customers the best possible service and products to an ever-growing industry. The company provides the Canadian wild bird seed market with its own branded products as well as custom-blended and packaged caged animal and bird seed products. Armstrong Milling has been offering high-quality wild bird seed products at competitive prices for over 34 years.
We are located 30 minutes south of Hamilton and Brantford in traffic-free Hagersville Ontario. The company has enjoyed long tenured employment in a casual work environment throughout our history. Armstong's has grown into a corporation but has not forgotten where they started. Having these characteristics enables us to provide a fast moving environment while still being able to treat our employees as a person and not a number.
Currently we are looking to expand our maintenance department and seeking an Industrial Millwright
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Repair any defective equipment and ensure they are made safe for the employees
2. Construct or adjust equipment, buildings, and other physical assets as requested by the Maintenance Manager
3. Complete the tasks associated with the Preventative Maintenance schedule as required
4. Offer Maintenance solutions to problems that arise
5. Fix any unsafe equipment or conditions before they can cause injury to any employee
6. Provide input to planning activities for Maintenance projects and assist in the execution of the projects
7. When required, participate with the Workplace Health and Safety Committee sponsored activities especially as it pertains to Maintenance related safety issues
8. Report all food safety problems and/or quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate actions
SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Assist with the development of a preventative maintenance program
2. Actively participate in areas of continuous improvement and offer solutions to problems as required
3. Ensure that all equipment is operating and any unsafe equipment or conditions are reported to the Workplace Health & Safety Committee or relevant authority
4. Complete any other task or duty deemed necessary by the Maintenance Manager
1. Full time: 40 hours per week, may be requested to work overtime.
2. Shifts are rotating and requires flexibility to support production on days, afternoons and nights (If needed)
3. Full benefits after 90 day probation period
4. Position is physically demanding
5. Require forklift training and operating
6. Required to work outside in inclement weather, extreme heights, confined spaces and dusty conditions
7. Must have the ability to operate aerial equipment
8. Plant contains tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and other allergens
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Currently our plant is split into two shifts to minimize employee overlap, staggered shifts and PPE are available to all workers. We have daily and through cleaning between shifts to account for touch points.