Do you thrive under pressure and have great attention to detail? This job might be for you! VG Meats is looking for a Butcher Trainee in Simcoe, ON!
The Butcher Trainee will be a mature individual who will demonstrate the necessary qualities to perform this position with attention to detail and organization. The butcher trainee will assist in performing specific daily butcher duties. Develop your CAREER with VG Meats!
Why should you work for VG Meats?
- 25% off employee discount
- A growing company offering many learning experiences
- We are a regenerative employer meaning that the organization continues to build a workplace that is good for its staff, producers, customers and communities.
What you will do as the Butcher Trainee:
- Handle the following equipment: Slicing machine, Sausage machine, Salami mixer and cooker, Power grinder, Manual cutting utensil and Band saw.
- Clean meats to prepare for processing or cutting
- Supervise other butchers, meat cutters and fishmongers
- Shape, lace and tie roasts, other meats, poultry and seafood
- Prepare special displays of meats, poultry and fish products
- Cut carcasses, sides and quarters
- Clean and prepare fish and shellfish
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduation certificate
- Able to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- This job is physically demanding, you must be able to handle heavy loads
- Attention to detail and great hand-eye coordination
- This position requires a combination of sitting, standing, walking as well as standing for extended periods of time
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Organized and takes initiative
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
About VG Meats:
VG Meats is dedicated to producing high quality, healthy foods through sustainable farming practices. A fourth-generation family business, we produce tenderness tested beef, pork and pastured poultry that our customers love. We're looking for people who share our dedication and vision. Our areas of focus are: regenerative farming practices, retailers, farmers, restaurants, distributors and institutions.
VG Meats is an equal opportunity employer and accommodation will be provided during the interviewing and hiring processes.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 per hour
- related: 3 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)