Work for a young, dynamic, leading edge, full service design firm offering user-driven interior design and architectural services for the residential, commercial and hospitality industries. Our design is focused on achieving an individual approach by facilitating client based strategic objectives while maintaining a high level of environmental and social responsibility.
The successful applicant will be collaboratively working with a team of Designers, Technologists and Project Managers, creating custom design solutions and construction drawing packages for a variety high-end residential, commercial and hospitality projects.
They will be required to create and assemble construction drawings, design specifications, and preliminary budgets. Drawings will include; site plan, partition and millwork plans, lighting plans, plumbing/ mechanical plans, finish plans, elevations, design and building sections, design detailing, construction detailing and more.
- Ability to assemble interior design detail and construction drawings with no supervision.
- Ability to assist in the review of shop drawings from external suppliers and vendors.
- Existing site investigation/review, measuring, and evaluating with a high level of accuracy.
- Production of working drawings from schematic design through to construction administration with minimal supervision.
- Create conceptual floor plans based on client requirements.
- Development of working drawings including partition and millwork, plumbing, lighting, data and communications, finishes, detailed elevations, detailed cross-sections, stone-glass-millwork details.
- Produce 3D renderings and presentation boards for client approval.
- Assist in preparation of reports and specifications, cost estimates, and calculations.
- Conduct site reviews to monitor progress of construction.
- Review shop drawings and material samples for conformance with design.
- Perform contract administration duties including site instructions, change orders, progress payments, etc.
- Establish corporate Standard Operating Procedures and Systems related to this role.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Interior Design and/or a degree in Architecture or Interior DesignArchitectural Technology
- Minimum of 10 years of working experience in production of working drawings.
- High level of proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of building systems and assembly, construction methodologies and material applications.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and staff in a pleasant and professional manner that positively represents the company.
- Highly Organized and self-motivated.
- Able to work independently and as a part of team.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- Interior Design: 5 years (Required)