Java Programmer Analyst III
Are you a team player that helps make your workplace great?
Are you a self-starter who can see opportunities and offer great solutions?
Do you love to work and recognize what matters to you in our company’s values?
Then we’re made for each other.
The primary accountability of the Programmer Analyst III includes all aspects of the application development life cycle. The individual must have extensive development experience working with complex custom built applications. The individual must have extensive programming experience working with a wide variety of software and technologies.
This role works closely with architects, business analysts and business partners to understand and participate in the business requirements definition, technical designs, development, testing, and implementation. The Programmer Analyst III will participate in project and operational activities to meet team, department, and corporate objectives.
The individual must be able to work independently, prioritize and multitask in a dynamic environment, adapt quickly to change and manage multiple projects simultaneously. The individual must be able to show leadership skills and have the ability to lead small teams in design and development efforts. Strong analysis and interpersonal skills are a necessity.
What does a Java Programmer Analyst III do?
- Implement and document complex solutions from technical designs of high complexity.
- Identify options for potential solutions and assess them for both technical and business suitability.
- Participate in the analysis and development of business requirements and the design of solutions in medium to large complex projects or requests in collaboration with IS and business partners. Responsible for translating complex technical designs into high quality code.
- Responsible for the maintenance of production applications.
- Monitor application performance through testing, schedule and perform application improvements and upgrades as required.
- Serve as an escalation point for the Service Desk on applications supported by the team. Liaise with IS and business partners to assist in resolving reported problems.
- Manage group situations with business partners and provide facilitation of meetings.
- Communicate clearly, both written and verbally.
- Maintain a familiarity and working knowledge of operations policies, procedures, operating practices and products.
- Maintain familiarity of Servus Credit Union business strategies and objectives.
What are some of the skills a Java Programmer Analyst III must have?
- Building and maintaining a customer-focused culture
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to answer questions and solve problems
- The ability to stay focused on the ultimate goal and continue to work towards that result
- A knack for working quickly and accurately at the same time
- The ability to work well with others and thrive in a team-based workplace
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION
Education and Training:
- Seven or more years and considerable skill in applying programming concepts and constructs, can train others.
- Seven or more years and considerable skill in applying database concepts (normalization, SQL query language constructs), can train others.
- Seven or more years and broad knowledge of and familiarity with the systems development life cycle (SDLC) and related practices and techniques (continuous integration, continuous deployment and delivery, code reviews).
- Seven or more years of extensive programming experience working with complex Java applications, API development, unit testing technologies, source control, application design, and responsive design.
- Experience working in an Agile & DevOps environment using agile development methodologies.
- Technologies: SpringBoot, REST, MVC, Hibernate, jUnit, GIT, Maven, Selenium, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes
- Tools: IntelliJ
- Nice to have: Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Microsoft Visual Studio, Visual Studio Team Services, Microsoft IIS, Microsoft SQL Server, Angular, REACT, Azure web services, AWS, and Sitecore.
- Must have demonstrated user interaction/support experience and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Financial sector experience (preferably in banking) is considered to be an asset.
- Post-secondary education plus seven or more years of job related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with ITIL (preference for ITIL certification) considered an asset.
Any other special requirements necessary to do the job:
- Technical designations are valued but not required at this time.
Note that Servus Credit operates a multi-regional de-centralized corporate model which could result in teams in geographical dispersed locations.
Weekend or shift work, available to travel, on-call, etc.
The business may from time to time ask for branch and/or department support for special projects and/or areas experiencing staff shortages. All employees may be asked to volunteer to assist in areas of need during these times. These assignments could result in a change of hours, location, and/or travel.