Specialist, Marketing & Communications
The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ promotes, cares, and advocates for a vibrant and inclusive downtown where business thrives and people are drawn to work, live, shop and explore. We host events throughout the year and work to beautify our downtown, improve cleanliness, safety, and help make it easier to get around. Our downtown is on Treaty No. 1 territory and the traditional homeland of the Métis Nation
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, Engagement and Communications, the Marketing & Communications Specialist is responsible for supporting, creating, and executing a broad range of strategic marketing and communication initiatives. This position is primarily responsible for internal and external communications and writing, social media management and content creation, and marketing campaigns.
- Develop strategies and execute tactics for effective and innovative marketing campaigns to improve awareness and engagement with downtown Winnipeg and Downtown Winnipeg BIZ initiatives.
- Promote BIZ member products, services and events through blog posts, newsletters, the website, social media and marketing initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Design Specialist in the preparation of content, development, production and distribution of digital and print materials.
- Manage social media account(s) including creating all content and strategies, responding to comments/messages, managing a content calendar, scheduling posts and analyzing data for Downtown Winnipeg BIZ, Downtown Peggy, and others.
- Manage the MEMO and Mingle e-mail campaigns, including assisting with layout, writing content, as well as invoicing and tracking.
- Track digital marketing metrics, providing recommendations based on results and trend analysis.
- Create regular communication and promotion pieces for BIZ members; write copy for external publications.
- Write all content and assist in the production of the Annual Report and Annual General Meeting presentation and speeches.
- Write speeches for all BIZ departments for press conferences, events and announcements.
- Support the Director in media relations efforts including managing media requests, writing press releases, managing media contacts and tracking media mentions.
- Relevant post-secondary education in Marketing, Communications or related discipline.
- 3+ years of experience in marketing, communications or related industry.
- Proven ability to develop brand and marketing campaign.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including exceptional writing, editing and proofreading abilities
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Understanding of digital platforms, including online and social media campaigns.
- Enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to quickly learn and understand concepts, problem solve, take ownership, and manage work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and CMS
WORK ENVIRONMENT & CULTURE
The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ embodies a culture of collaboration and customer service. We have a diverse team who are encouraged to provide input and participate on committees to inform workplace values and influence the culture and environment. Working in the heart of downtown, we take time to enjoy the amenities and community around us; through participation in our own programs, staff celebrations, and the endless number of events located downtown. We offer a 35-hour work week, subsidized transit passes, “Furry Fridays” (bring your pet to work days) and early access to information about fun things happening in the heart of the city! Our organization’s success is powered by our passionate team. Downtown is moving forward – be a part of the team at the centre of the action!
The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ is committed to equity, diversity and accessibility in the workplace. We strive to have a team that reflects our downtown, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives are valued and drive a high standard of service and innovation. We encourage candidates to speak to this in their application.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES should submit their cover letter and resume with salary expectations. Please be advised only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This posting will remain open until suitable candidates have been selected.
Due to the nature of our business the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ requires that all its staff members are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In the event that you are hired by the BIZ, you will be required to provide your proof of vaccination. In the event that you are unable to be vaccinated due to a valid medical or religious reason, prior to your start date you must establish, in a form acceptable to the BIZ, your inability to be vaccinated.
Applicants should identify if they require accommodation during the competition process on a confidential basis. This posting is available in alternate formats upon request.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Commuter benefits
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- What is your level of experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and CMS? Beginner, Intermediate or Expert?
- marketing & communications: 3 years (required)