Barrick - Hemlo is looking for a Radio Technician to join the Electrical team to take lead on designing, constructing and maintaining our complete mine radio system. He or she will be working in the underground environment on a daily basis with our electrical team.
- Be responsible for the design, construction and maintenance of all site radio systems.
- Must be able to assist and support the electrical team with all aspects of the systems
- Maintain and install the VHF/UHF telecom network
- Maintain and ensure the telecom network plans are up to date
- Graduate of a telecommunications or relevant radio related program
- Postgraduate Degree related field, with  years’ experience in the Radio field
- Proven attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent organizational, time management and office management skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, as well as independently
- Demonstrated well-developed interpersonal skills, with a courteous and pleasant customer service focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capability to multi-task, self-manage and self-motivate
- Demonstrated good attendance and performance records with the ability to maintain these same standards
What we can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent, and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
The Hemlo property consists of Williams Operating Corporation, an underground and open pit mine, located approximately 350 kilometers east of Thunder Bay, Ontario.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.