Edison Properties is a property management company that has been in business for over 50 years providing apartments for rent ranging from cozy and comfortable bachelor apartments to luxurious penthouse suites in the Winnipeg market. We have a strong belief in giving back to our community and take pride in providing quality customer service based on a foundation of integrity and fairness.
We have an immediate opening for a permanent, full time Resident Manager for Oakland Gardens located at 210/220 Oakland. The Resident Manager oversees the daily operation and administration of the property, ensuring occupancy levels; cleanliness and safety standards are met. They are the primary liaison between the tenants and the Property Managers and Maintenance staff. They also promote the property to prospective tenants; showing suites, advising of amenities and proactively addressing their questions and concerns. Resident Managers are required to live on site and be available for an on-call schedule.
- Management of vacancies in the building, promoting suites and amenities to prospective tenants, administering the leasing process and lease agreements
- Building relationships with tenants as they reflect the Edison brand in all activities such as rent collections, move in/move out support, liaison to maintenance, etc.
- Administering records related to the building such as parking, records of accidents and maintenance work orders
- Responsible for building cleanliness and maintenance based on standards set by Edison. Ensures schedules for safety inspections are set and communicated, submits purchase orders for supplies, coordinates outside seasonal activities such as snow removal and gardening
- Provides day to day leadership for the onsite caretakers including hiring, training, coaching, mentoring, performance management, scheduling of on-call and overtime
- Contact for the maintenance staff and contractors who may be working on the property
- Responsible for scheduling of staff to ensure excellent customer service is maintained
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate effective leadership and organizational skills along with the ability to build collaborative relationships to manage tenant expectations.
- High school or equivalent
- Knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act.
- Preferred 3 years’ experience within the customer service area of hospitality or property management field at a supervisor level
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Check
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and Yardi (or other property management system)
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in English
- Normal hours of work: 8:00 am – 12 noon and 2:00 – 5:00 pm but the position may require time commitments outside these hours to accommodate resident situations or to show suites to prospective tenants
- Incumbent is required to live onsite and is compensated with a parking spot and a rental discount
We thank all applicants, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Company pension
- Vacation & paid time off
- On-site parking
- Employee assistance programs
- Dental care
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent