The Production Planner/Scheduler is responsible for planning and coordination for on time delivery of customer orders. The Production Planner/Scheduler helps to expedite raw materials, components, plant supplies and fabricated components to help ensure continuous smooth production in the plant using the company’s MRP system (SAP). This role works very closely with the Production Coordinator and the Purchasing Team.
- Work with Inventory Control, Purchasing and Production regularly with regards to priorities.
- Expedites prompt delivery of goods, alleviate problems, and relays information.
- Create and schedule production orders in SAP.
- Issues purchase orders using system generated purchase requisitions.
- Follow-up with Production, Purchasing and Shipping to ensure on time delivery.
- Extensive involvement in the order review process.
- Act as a backup for the Production Coordinator as required.
- Ability to provide phone coverage as required for the Purchasing Team
- Maintain and distribute variety of reports and Key Performance Indicators.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned and required.
Skill/Knowledge & Other Requirements:
- Must have 3-5 years of previous experience in a similar role.
- College/Post-Secondary Degree in Business.
- Experience or knowledge in using MRP/ERP tools in SAP.
- Good organizational skills are required to plan and coordinate activities and ensure that work is completed accurately on a timely manner.
- Must be able to perform arithmetic operations quickly and accurately.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively and clearly with suppliers, employees and management.
- Exceptional planning ability with strong analytical and interpretive skills.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to turn actions into results
- Strong computer skills in the Windows environment and Microsoft Office.
- Basic mathematical skills with ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages and averages required.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Experience with purchasing electronic components, machined parts and sheet metal parts.
- Lean manufacturing/6 Sigma experience is an asset.
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects.
- Experience with ISO Standards.
- Electronic and mechanical components background is an asset.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Long periods of sitting
Working conditions while performing the job:
- Occasional overtime may be required.
- Some local travelling may be required.
Mirion Technologies (Canberra CA) Ltd. is in compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed in providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities upon request at any stage of the recruitment process. Please advise the Human Resources Department of any accommodations you may need during the recruitment process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Production Planning: 2 years (Required)
- SAP: 2 years (Required)