If you're interested in shaping the landscape of Toronto and joining a company with a field-first attitude, recognizes value, as well as promotes from within, apply right now!
- SHEET METAL WORKERS REQUIRED
- Monday to thursday
- 9 Hour Shifts
- $44.25/hr Journeyperson rate, plus benefits
- All opportunities are located in Toronto
- MUST HAVE A VALID 308A SHEET METAL WORKER LICENCE
- PROOF OF VALID LICENCE REQUIRED
While technical experience is a primary objective of this position, it must be coupled with a drive to develop and mentor others.
Start dates are flexible. We are willing to work with the right individual to pin down a start date that works for everyone including immediately if that works best.
At Modern Niagara, we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. Modern Niagara is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise us so that suitable accommodations can be made.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform assigned tasks and responsibilities efficiently and effectively under the direction of the Project Foreperson
- Read and interpret blueprint drawings for assigned projects
- Ability to adhere and uphold the safety protocols and measures put in place by Modern Niagara to ensure the safety of all employees
- Perform additional related duties as required under the direction of the Project Foreperson
- Continue to grow, develop and learn new skills, further honing your craft
- Have fun building some of Canada’s most prestigious and complex mechanical projects!
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience across the installation of Sheet Metal across either residential, commercial, institutional, or healthcare projects is an asset
- Journeypersons: Red Seal trade qualification
- Apprentices: High School Diploma or general education degree (GED). Mechanical Trade qualification or currently enrolled in an Apprenticeship program is a strong asset.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Able to work at heights with all necessary safety training completed
- Safety conscience individual who respects and adheres to all safety measures whilst on site
- Strong work ethic with impressive mechanical problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- SMART union membership
- Hardworking individual with a strong desire to learn and grow within their position
- Ability to work on own initiative but also within a team. Capable of mentoring and aiding the development of junior apprentices
- Positive and professional attitude
Live the Modern Niagara Core Values - Teamwork, Initiative, Dedication, Professionalism, Passion.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $44.25 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
Work Location: In person