Merlin Plastics is a processor of post-consumer and post-industrial plastic. We are dedicated and committed to providing environmental services for the packaging industry in an economically efficient, environmentally sound and socially responsible fashion.
Merlin Plastics is looking for labourers to prepare and sort materials or products for recycling. They will ensure proper placement and sorting materials on the conveyor line. Duties include but are not limited to cleaning, sweeping, shoveling materials, manually loading and unloading trailers.
351 Gifford St, New Westminster, BC
Morning shift: 6:30 AM to 3:30 PM
Afternoon shift: 3:30 PM to 12:00 AM
Responsibilities and requirements:
- Inspect materials and sort items according to type, size, coloring
- Sort on line by pulling the contamination offline
- Clean up conveyor and surrounding sorting line. Keep work area clean by sweeping, wiping and shoveling
- Able to pick 70-80 items per minute when sorting
- Experience in a plant/warehouse is considered an asset
- Level 2 or 3 First Aid ticket is an asset, additional pay will be provided
- Working communication skills
- Adhere to Health and Safety standards and have a safety-first work style
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Able to work fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude, courteous manner, personality and flexibility
- Consistently reliable and dependable.
What we offer:
- Full-Time and Long-Term Employment
- FREE LUNCH on a daily basis from a catering company
- Group Benefits (such as Dental & Healthcare) and RRSP's after 3 months
- Employee personal and professional development
- Personalized training
- Strong HR support
- Free parking space
- Dynamic work environment
- Diverse culture: opportunity to learn from different backgrounds
- The bus stop is 5 minutes away
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role, but unfortunately only those considered for the interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.25 /hour
- New Westminster, BC (Preferred)