We are looking for an intermediate accountant to join our corporate team at Pinnacle International. This position will be involved in the financial operations and month end process for our three hotels and three restaurants. We are looking for someone who can work hard to meet deadlines, with a passion for working in a fast-paced, growing organization.
- Enter sales, payroll, and general journals;
- Coordinate the month-end cheque runs;
- Prepare the monthly profit and loss statement for two properties;
- Enter bi-monthly payroll data in a timely manner with accuracy;
- Prepare monthly strata bank reconciliations and financials;
- Prepare strata year-end working files and assist with strata related correspondence;
- Assist the junior accountant with entering and reviewing invoices;
- Prepare bank and balance sheet reconciliations;
- Complete GST, PST, and WCB returns within due dates;
- Audit the inventory stocktake at the properties;
- Assist in the year-end auditing process;
- Ensure adherence to policies and the system of internal controls;
- Other related accounting tasks as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting;
- At least 3 years’ experience in an accounting role within a professional organization;
- Experience with multiple accounting systems (SAGE 300 or Yardi) is an asset;
- Moderate to advanced proficiency in Excel, including formulas, pivot tables, and data manipulation;
- An ability to learn quickly and understand new systems;
- An ability to communicate effectively and professionally with the team.
Job Type: Full-time