Working under the general supervision of the Foreman, the Directional Driller is responsible for operating boring (drilling) & locator equipment for installation of underground utility lines.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one priority by following policies & processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Ensure operation of drilling equipment
- Read and interpret plans or diagrams and perform required work
- Drives and operates the truck in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Completes pre and post-trip inspections;
- Completes paperwork for safety, payroll, driving related items and day-to-day requirements as needed by Cafcon Services;
- Performs laborer tasks as required;
- understand and follow directions from supervisors/foreman as to required work area;
- Monitor vehicle performance, fluid levels, and the mechanical fitness of machinery
- Communicate with all other employees with respect and integrity
- Contribute to the provision of a safe working environment by modeling and complying with appropriate safety instructions and behaviors
- Contributes to a safe working environment by adhering to health and safety practices at work
- Comply with all reasonable instruction from management and use safety equipment where provided
- Adheres to company policy with respect to human resource practices
- Adheres to company policy with respect to document security and privacy responsibilities
Job Type / Category
- Minimum of 2yrs Hydrovac Experience
- Must be able to drive 18spd manual and pass our internal road test.
- Must be reliable and honest
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Class AZ drivers’ license with clean 3-year personal drivers abstract & CVOR;
- Minimum 2-years previous truck driving or water hauling experience;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team and safety focused environment;
- Willing and able to travel;
- Weekend, Holiday, Nightshifts and over-time abilities are also a MANDATORY requirement.
- Field safety tickets including; First Aid CPR w/ AED, Working at Heights, WHMIS, Hydrovac Electrical Awareness (IHSA) and MTO Book 7.
At Cafcon Services, we believe anything is possible and we’re relentless in our pursuit of excellence. To direct our focus, our team strives for achievement, expertise, and pride when it comes to our service. We offer competitive wages, SL benefits, apprenticeship training, professional development, and the opportunity for growth and advancement!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00 /hour
- Directional Drilling & Locator: 3 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)