The Order Desk Clerk communicates with customers to process all customer orders. He/she works closely with the shipping, yard and sales departments to co-ordinate delivery information of building materials to customers. Working in a fast paced environment, he/she serves as the main point of contact for all customer orders and enquiries, ensuring that customers are completely satisfied.
- Act as the primary point of contact for client support and orders.
- Process orders accurately and quickly as per the customer or as directed by the sales team.
- Provide superior customer service on the phone and for in office visits, maintaining a friendly and professional demeanour at all times.
- Assist with order coordination and tracking from start to finish.
- Ensuring custom products match the customer requirements.
- Tracking shipments in customer specific log books and handling any shipping issues.
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 3 years order desk or customer service experience.
- Proven ability to provide exceptional customer service both on the phone and in person.
- Superior English both verbal and written.
- Strong computer skills, proficient in Word and Excel. Experience working with ERP or Order Entry Software is considered a strong asset.
- Experience within the soft wood lumber or residential construction industry is preferred.
- Must be extremely organized and be comfortable juggling a multitude of tasks at the same time.
- Works well individually and as part of a team.
- Must be punctual and reliable.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 /year
- Order Desk Lumber: 3 years