JOIN OUR TEAM!
Health & Fitness Program Coordinator–Teen & Adult, Full Time
Downtown Branch, 301 Vaughan Street
Are you a health and fitness enthusiast? Passionate about helping individuals achieve their fitness, health and wellness goals? As part of the Y team, you will play an important role in providing the fitness resources, motivation, encouragement and guidance to help members get started on their journey to a healthier lifestyle.
Why work at the Y?
· Great people and great work environment!
· Many opportunities for growth and advancement!
· We pay most of your benefit premiums
· Vacation increases with years of service
· Complimentary membership with available family add-on
· 5% employer-matching pension plan
Are you the right fit?
· Develop, facilitate and instruct a variety of health and fitness programs and classes
· Implement action plans to support membership retention, acquisition and reconnection
· Able to manage and monitor monthly budgets, including purchasing equipment and supplies
· Experience in hiring, scheduling, supervising and coaching staff
· Monitor staff certifications, program statistics, create reports and database management
What else do you need?
· 2 – 4 years of experience in program delivery
· Superior customer service skills and proven leadership abilities
· Strong time management, administration, organization and problem solving skills
· Standard First Aid & CPR Level C
· Certified Fitness instructor through YMCA, MFC or equivalent
· Post-secondary education in Recreation, Kinesiology, or related area
· National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP)
· Personal Training Certification
The YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg is committed to providing a safe environment for children and vulnerable individuals. All applicants will be thoroughly screened through a review process including Police Record Checks with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry Checks.
We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent