Natures Formulae is a growing natural health product manufacturer located in Kelowna, British Columbia. We are looking for a candidate to join our rapidly expanding operations.
The Maintenance Technician reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor and undertakes general maintenance tasks within a regulated Natural Health Products manufacturing facility. Given the nature of the position, daily tasks will be varied and will require a strong problem-solving approach. Exposure to pneumatic, electronics, mechanical power transmission and general fabrication will be of great benefit to the successful candidate. Support will be provided by the Maintenance Supervisor in the execution of complex tasks.
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams and equipment manuals
- Competency in the use of hand and power tools
- Take concepts and fabricate a finished product
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Familiar with mechanical power transmission products and components
- Familiar with fluid power fundamentals, including pumps and pneumatic systems
- Familiar with basic electrical concepts and electronic control devices
- Familiar with Lean manufacturing principles
- Balancing priorities and completing work in a timely manner
- Strong independent problem solving and logical thinking
- Some education or equivalent experience in the mechanical or electrical craft
- Complete assigned equipment repairs and preventative maintenance
- Complete assigned facility repairs and preventative maintenance
- Installation and validation of new equipment
- Keep track of maintenance activities through appropriate software application
- Train and assist production employees with setup of manufacturing equipment
- Communicate opportunities to increase efficiency and throughput of production
- Accompany and assist various trade contractors
- Ensure plant operates with a target of zero down time
- Other tasks as assigned by management and supervisory groups
Tasks Specific to Position
- Adjust sensors and components such that equipment runs in an optimized manner
- Check and replace oil and filters on equipment
- Immediately remedy any sources of safety concern
- Fabricate jigs and fixtures that assist in plant performance
- General office repairs and maintenance such as changing lightbulbs
- Replacement of worn components such as heating elements and conveyor track
- Other activities within the scope of the Maintenance Technician
This is a full time position, Monday to Friday, 40 hours a week.
Compensation will be based on previous experience and education
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 /hour
- mechanical: 1 year (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)