Harlequin Enterprises ULC
Manager, Email and Content Marketing (12 MONTH CONTRACT)
Harlequin Brand Group (Digital Capabilities)
Senior Manager, Audience Development
Toronto, 22 Adelaide Street West
As a member of the Digital Capabilities team, the Manager, Email and Content Marketing is responsible for driving profitable growth and consumer engagement with our books, brands, and authors through email marketing and content marketing programs for Harlequin romance brands. They will oversee the development and execution of an aggressive and comprehensive email test plan and the day-to-day execution of the Email Program. Their content management responsibilities include oversight of content marketing initiatives, and the day-to-day execution of creation, deployment, and analysis of blog posts, videos and other content pieces ensuring adherence to brand strategies, voice and content plan.
Develop and implement Harlequin’s email and content marketing strategy.
- Support strategic anchors including audience growth, brand engagement and digital contribution.
- Grow our romance audiences through optimized email acquisition campaigns and content marketing initiatives.
- Oversee the creation of digital content for new projects, demonstrating effective communication by collaborating with various departments across the organization.
Manage production of emails by establishing timelines, creating email calendar and scheduling content.
- Produce emails by gathering content, writing copy, editing copy and obtaining approvals.
- Use IBM Silverpop, email templates, HTML coding, Canva and Photoshop to produce engaging and visually appealing newsletters.
- Implement tactics to provide relevant, informative and engaging content to our romance email subscribers
Oversee Content Marketing initiatives
- Work alongside the Assistant Manager, Content Marketing in the execution of content marketing activities.
- Oversee the development and execution of blog content for Harlequin romance properties
- Oversee the production of social video content in alignment with corporate priorities
Email Program Optimization and Quality Control (20%)
Develop email test plan to test core email delivery variants (i.e. deployment timing, subject line creation, etc.):
- Monitor results and evaluate email programs. Update email strategy and schedule based on learnings.
- Perform competitive research
Oversee QC of all emails by evaluating content, proofreading copy, coordinating copyediting, testing links and checking rendering on various email domains. Aim to have all emails error-free.
- Ensure all emails are deployed on schedule.
- Ensure all email newsletters, subscriber lists, and email acquisition campaigns are CASL compliant.
Talent and Culture (15%)
- Effectively manage direct report and develop their capabilities.
- Develop Human Resources to meet current and future departmental and corporate objectives through succession planning, recruitment and selection, coaching, and supervision.
- 5+ years of related experience and a strong background in digital marketing
- Post-secondary education in a related field (Advertising, Marketing) and/or relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of HTML required
- Working knowledge of WordPress required.
- Working knowledge of video editing processes and software required
- Experience with Content Management platforms, CRM tools, and ESPs (i.e. Wordpress, AgilOne, and IBM Silverpop) an asset
- Microsoft Office proficiency and experience with project management tools
- Working knowledge of Photoshop an asset, as well as knowledge of UX/UI principles and content marketing
- Strong time management, organizational and planning skills.
- Exceptional internal and internal relationship management capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to communicate complex information to non-technical audiences.
- Creative and innovative thinker with a drive for results.
- Positive and passionate with ability to work well with in a close-knit, team environment.
Qualified applicants are asked to apply on our website (https://careers-harlequin.icims.com).
Harlequin is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Harlequin is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.