Procon Constructors Inc., founded in 1995, has become a leading organization in the multi-trade contracting industry, providing professional Electrical, Mechanical, SCADA, Instrumentation installation and maintenance service to the Industrial, Commercial and Institutional (ICI) sectors. With our Head Office based in Welland, Ontario, our new 25,000 sq. ft. facility houses our Corporate Offices, Pipe Fabrication facility and Panel Shop.
At Procon, we pride ourselves in employing outstanding individuals who provide professional, efficient, innovative, and exemplary service to our customers. While our skilled teams remain focused on strategic planning and the precise execution of each project, our 23 years of expertise, experience, project execution and delivery in the areas of estimating, project management and design build solutions has earned us the excellent reputation we enjoy in providing quality construction services and professional-grade results.
We are currently looking to hire a Mechanical Project Manager. Reporting to the Mechanical Division Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for performing a variety of project related duties from inception to close-out as listed below:
- Assist in the development of estimates for the cost plan and project schedule.
- Review electrical drawings.
- Create, track and maintain construction schedules and milestones to monitor completion/progress.
- Participate in all pre-construction activities, including pre-bid and on-site meetings, completing the tendering and construction phases of the project ensuring that all aspects are effectively coordinated and completed within schedule and meeting the specifications while under or at budget.
- Lead/assist in negotiation of claims/disputes with the contractors and/or subcontractors.
- Negotiate and issue subcontracts and major purchase orders and monitor their progress in relation to their schedule.
- Complete cost forecast, cash flow, and preparation monthly progress billings.
- Develop recovery strategies when project schedule or budgets are in jeopardy.
- Process all change orders, including negotiating and assessing cost and schedule impact.
- Lead in all facets of project close-out, including archiving of documents, creation of maintenance and warranty manuals, deficiencies and warranty work.
- Proactively identify, address and resolve issues/problems as or before they occur. React positively to change.
- Coordinate on-site material rental/purchases for field workers.
- Continuously monitor and enforce and ensure compliance with Company Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Education to include knowledge acquired from working through the trade, construction related degree or a Technical College Diploma.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or Mechanical Technician/Technologist Diploma preferred
- A minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in Project Management of Construction projects with a mechanical focus and/or significant responsibility in the management of Mechanical projects.
- Hands on Mechanical process experience is an advantage
- The proven ability to successfully manage construction projects.
- Excellent organizational, managerial and planning skills.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of Construction (technology, equipment, methods), industry practices, estimating/budgeting, scheduling and safety requirements.
- Working knowledge of contract language and legal requirements of contracts.
- Proven team player.
- Ability to forecast and resolve project disputes.
- Self-starter with excellent positive attitude and initiative.
- Ability to continuously demonstrate professional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals in person, via telephone and in writing. Excellent professional customer relations skills.
- Ability to work independently and resolve practical problems, keeping all appropriate parties aware of issues or risks.
- Efficient computer skills with Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel and Microsoft Project.
- Mid to high-level contract and cost administration skills.
- Understanding of equipment selection and utilization.
- Ability to read and understand project plans and specifications.
- Understand basic behavior based safety programs and enforce company’s safety policies.
- Outstanding time management skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail while multi-tasking.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Experience in procurement processes is desirable.
- PMP certification is a plus.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to the email address provided. Please include the job title “Mechanical Project Manager” in the subject line.
Procon Constructors Inc. Welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only candidates selected for a screening interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Mechanical: 8 years (Preferred)
- Project Management: 8 years (Preferred)