· Coordinate and manage the most efficient loads to remain cost-effective as a company, combining shipments based on their routes and timeline to minimize how many trucks and drivers are out.
· Determine the best delivery methods and negotiate rates directly with vendors and customers,
· Serve as a reliable point of contact to balance drivers safety with customer requirements.
· Exceptional ability to schedule drivers, plan routes, and dispatch drivers to customer locations.
· Source and book loads on Load link.
· Create lasting relationships with customers, drivers, and coworkers.
· Enter & Update order info in the Dispatch software.
· Organize and maintain hard copy and electronic documentation supporting order fulfillment, pricing, and contractual obligations.
· Preparing ACE, ACI and other dispatch related paperwork, manage Customs documents and records
· 1-3 years of experience as a Dispatcher in transportation industry is necessary.
· May consider experience in any other field in Transportation industry.
· Good understanding of USA and Canada's geography
Skills & Competencies
· Computer skills- You should be proficient with computer technology. Must have knowledge of Outlook, Excel at medium level. Fleet Manager and Xpert Dispatch software knowledge is essential.
· Analytical thinking.
· Language skills: Must be Fluent in English and knowing a second language can be very advantageous.
· Interpersonal skills.
· Prioritization Skills.
· Decision Making Skills
There is rarely any downtime with this job. You will be taking calls and managing routes all day, so you must be highly organized and able to handle high amounts of stress.
Expected start date: ASAP
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Transportation Industry: 2 years (Required)
- customer service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Smart Serve, SIR or equivalent (Preferred)